Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Can't delete text messages.

I am a veteran bb user and have had the q10 for almost 2 weeks. I just downloaded the software upgrade 10.1.0.4189 And I problem I did not have in the past as appeared... Before the upgrade I had no problem deleting an entire text message... Or components of it. Since the upgrade I can not delete a text message... I can go into the conversation and delete components of the message... And empty every entry out of the conversation... But the persons name still appears in the texts and I can not delete it... It lets me touch the trash can. And it asks be to confirm I want to delete it.. But it does NOT delete it. I can delete emails BUT not text... Like I said this has only become a problem since I downloaded the update. 2 other odd behaviors in text are these... When I select the trash can icon it jumps to the left... Out from under my finger... And when I am in a text and I want to add a picture to a conversation... It notifies me that it is converting to mms and THEN the contact appears at the top of the message Twice and gets the picture twice... From every text after that it delivers the message to the contact twice. Since I can no longer delete a text from my bb currently I started a new message thread again with the person so they wouldnt get the message twice and although my two line only showed their name once... it sent the plain text twice AND when i looked at my sent messages it had tagged the single message on to the one that puts the person name twice The odd thing is this only happens some times... Not all conversations add the contact again... All notify me it is converting to mms. But only the first time... Then every message after that even plain text lists all sent as mms... The problem is I can not delete the thread... So my friend is being irritated by doubles of everything I send him.
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can't delete text messages.

Hello,

I am not certain, but perhaps this KB will provide you with useful information:

• KB34932 Unable to delete an SMS text message from the BlackBerry Hub

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

I have the exact same problem. any solutions? 

New Developer
My Carrier: HKCSL

Hi,

Had this problem (can't delete sms/whatsapp/facebook notification, new notification/message only show up after rebooting) in Hub after upgraded to 10.1.0.4189. Seems this is due to Facebook interfering with the Hub. The workaround that worked in my case was to disable FB notification in FB's account setting. The drawback is that you won't receive any FB update/notification until you open the app. Anyway, sms/whatsapp/notification should resume coming in after doing the above and reboot the phone.
Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Q10 -
My Carrier: verizon

I ran the update on Friday and ever since can't delete "Text messages" only Text messages.  I tried everything!!   Any help out there???

Seems like there is almost always a little unwanted and unnecessary surprise included in the updates. We need to be able to delete text messages in their entirety; not just the message content through the 'Delete Chat' option, just as we were able to do before the update. This is not an acceptable update component and needs a universal fix to restore the original delete function. Hello Blackberry???!!!
New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Does anyone in BlackBerry read these to help?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

i_love_bb wrote:
Does anyone in BlackBerry read these to help?

Read? We believe they try to...but cannot likely keep up with the thousands of posts every day. Refer:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

this is not helping. can someone please provide assistance with step by step?

i've tried to take out the battery. it's not working and i can't find the sms folder to trying deleting it that way.

can we remove the previous OS update? it happened after the update happened.

Hall of Famer III

[ Edited ]

i_love_bb wrote:

this is not helping

Well, it was a direct answer to your specific question...if you didn't want an answer, then I'm confused why you would even then ask the question that you asked.

i_love_bb wrote:
i can't find the sms folder to trying deleting it that way.

can we remove the previous OS update? it happened after the update happened.

I suggest you review these threads:

Good luck.