Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: telenor

Can't open battery door

[ Edited ]

Since I have inserted the battery I don't seem to be able to open the battery door, even though I seem to be trying to do so the way it is described in the Getting Started guide (push down and slide), and the exact same way I did before (...before I managed to get a micro SIM, and inserting the battery made sense at all, and I opened it a handful of times).  Needless to say, this would be crucial: I even bought a replacement battery for the occasions when I am out of reach of power supply for a number of days; right now, I would need to put the SIM temporarily into another phone.  Is there any trick I might be missing?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Can't open battery door

Turn the device upside down. Hold the device in both hands and use both thumbs on the sides of the battery cover about an inch from the bottom of the battery cover to push up the battery cover while holding on to the bottom (actually pointing up at this point) of the device with your index fingers. Should slide right off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: telenor

Re: Can't open battery door

Well, it does not quite work.  Actually it might be the flip case, or more precisely the insertion into it, since after spending at least hours with trying to be clever using your instructions, I finally managed to open the door using a needle as a lever: then I could open it again and again the normal way around.  Then I put the phone back into the flip case, and tried to open it after a few days and did not open again.