Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Cannot Delete Email Messages after Update

After installing the newest OS update I cannot delete my email messages using the delete keyboard button or using the onscreen options.  The delete screen does open up but the delete option is greyed out.  I am able to delete messages by using select more and then delete.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Cannot Delete Email Messages after Update

I would try removing the email account, rebooting the device, and then re-integrate the account.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Z10, PRIV
My Carrier: Telus

John_Clark wrote:
I would try removing the email account, rebooting the device, and then re-integrate the account.

Be careful:
Once I removed the Gmail account, rebooted, and added Gmail back. The result:

1)  All Gmail contacts that were linked to non-gmail contacts (e.g. Facebook, Linkedin) are gone

2) Worse: contacts from bullet 1 are gone not only from the Z10, but also from Gmail.

I posted a question a while ago, but had got no explanation.

TELUS Technical support said the situation is "impossible".

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

When you remove the Gmail contacts from Accounts all it does is remove gmail contacts. It can't do anything else.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks

Guru II

So, that worked?

New Contributor

yes

Guru II

Excellent!

New Contributor
My Carrier: 4164692445

I have the same problem affecting 3 different email accounts on my q10, one of which is a corporate account requiring IT support to reinstall. This solution is not practical for me. Any better ideas? I knew I shouldn't have done the upgrade. Another reason to regret not switching to an iPhone!

Guru II

Even with IT support It takes but a few minutes. I can give you other solutions that don't work. I gave what works.