Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Changing $ key on keyboard to another currency

I do not understand why they have not implemented this yet even with 10.2 out, so what I have done is set the auto-correct for the £ sign (but I do need an extra space before the number), i.e. $5 still gives 5 dollars, but £ 5 gives 5 pounds ($ + space + 5)

It is under Settings / Language and Input / Prediction and Correction / Word Substitution

It looks like this when it's set up in the options: $ -> £
Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: vodafone

BlackBerry says it is going back to supporting business customers. Well it has a lot of damage to repair such as sorting this. Bigger issue for me is inability to sync Outlook Notes with Remember. Also unable to do a clean re-sync of contacts to eliminate duplicates, triplicate and quadrupli
cates on BB. Hoping BlackBerry rediscovering it's many suffering small business customers will mean I will not regret upgrade to Q10 for the remaining 18 months of contract.
New Contributor
My Carrier: os

I have also had problems with the 'linking' of my contacts. Every time the phone is turned off or has an update it does its own thing with my contacts and merges completely unrelated entries! Its become so frustrating that I have decided to move away from Blackberry after many years of loyalty and arguments with others about its reliability, functions etc. I loved the idea of the q10, love the look, love the combination of keyboard and touch screen. But I can not forgive the faults, the frustrations with the contacts and the temperamental data service. I am also fed up with the number of times it powers down for no reason. Sorry Blackberry but as soon as my contract makes it viable I'm changing my phone Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic and Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Sorry to hear this SharpG. I have to say that I have not experienced any problems with either of the two issues you mention. Since the introduction of the updated software for the Blackberry Link my contacts have been totally stable. I certainly have never had a power down on my Q10 (or indeed any other BB device). Have you had the device checked? Sounds like a software problem to me.

Good luck

PJCMoray

PJCMoray
New Contributor

Came onto this thread hoping I'd find a solution also.

What a joke this phone is turning out to be. Can't synch Notes and ToDo from Outlook. Won't let you change the reply address on a remote (web based) mail account. Won't pick up the settings on the remote account which WILL let you change the reply address. A myriad of other small issues and now you can't even change the currency key default.

Having lived with a BB since the very beginning and changing my 9890 to a Q10, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the next v10 phones are a HUGE step backward.

Excellent 'own goal' Blackberry... why not just buy the Samsung and Apple products for people because it would have saved us all a lot of time and energy? As a company they have got customer alienation down to a fine art.

This is one loyal business user that you won't have the pleasure of taking for granted in the future.

New Contributor
My Carrier: D1

You got it: Q10 is just a sketch of an IPhone with physical keybord. Too many probs for me. Too many open questions. Too much Blink'n'Beep what bored kids would like to call their own.
For business: BigBull**bleep**. I will sell it or throw it away to avoid pain for anyone else...
Contributor
My Device: Q10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Tesco

Just on the Q10 a few weeks & have been trying since day one to do the £ as default. Twitter help has at last responded, by sending me here.......... This conversation without an answer!

I am due a call after the holidays, to try & solve a few issues. If that helps with this issue.

What i have done is go into word substitution & replaced the $ with £. My only issue with this as a solution is you have to press the space key for it to change. Then it makes whatever you are typing look a little 'off' with the space between £ & the numbers.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q20 Classic, Q10, PlayBook*1
My Carrier: EE UK for Q10/20

hi guys,

Happy New Year

I gave up on the fact that BB has not made thie 'old BB solution' available in the Q10 i.e. replace the $ with £, and have used the Word Substitution solution instead; set '$$' to '£'; not elegant, but sure releives the frustration, and makes for 'happier BB Customers'

New Contributor

I solved all the problems I have had with my Q10, including all the backward steps OS10 has created... ...I bought an iPhone 5S Smiley Wink ...after over a decade of being a loyal Blackberry customer, I decided that loyalty and support has to work both ways. In the past five years alone, I have watched the RIM product offering become a poor shadow of what it was before: each generation getting worse in terms of build quality, software stability and battery life. I'm sad to move away from BB but I can honestly say they gave me little choice but to do so.
Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: vodafone

Perfectly understood. Now you can sync your Outlook notes which BB decided in its wisdom it's new target market would not be bothered about missing!!!!!! Apple and Google seem to be much more interested in their own customers and have a very attractive welcome mat out for BB's neglected traditional small business customer base.