Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

'Charger unplugged. Tap ok to stop this annoying sound'....

[ Edited ]

Last night I plugged my Q10 in and suddenly it starts wailing like a siren.... I look at the phone and see the message 'Charger unplugged/. Tap ok to stop this annoying sound'... Thing is, the charger was NOT unplugged and I have NO IDEA what is making this noise...

SAME thing happened again just now when I plugged it into my work computer...

Is this a virus?? is that even possible? I haven't downloaded any new apps or anything..

Quite confused. 

New Contributor
My Device: Classic
My Carrier: VZW

Re: 'Charger unplugged. Tap ok to stop this annoying sound'....

That alert is alarming. I had it go off for a severe weather alert and the office started to clear out as it was same sound for the building alert to exit. Didn't know about it and took me a few seconds to tap it out and corral the office mates who were abandoning ship. I thought that alert for the charger was an app designed to alert you if someone tries to pinch your phone while it is on charger and then taken off without your knowledge. Sounds like your phone is malfunctioning for this alert. Dunno the fix other than tapping, maybe someone else will chime in.
Classic on VZW