Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Clear Field Feature

We all do it start typing something and then decide to delete the whole paragraph especially when writing an email. I am disappointed to not be able to just click on the menu and select clear field or copy and paste. Are these features offered still when texting and I have just missed them or have they got rid of it all together?
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Clear Field Feature

Hello kp0130,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your question regarding selecting all text in a message on your BlackBerry Q10 smartphone.

You can do this by holding your finger on a word until it is highlighted then touch it a second time, touch the action menu if it does not automatically appear (3 dots on the bottom right) and Select All from the top of the menu. You can then press backspace to delete all of the highlighted text.

Let us know if this helps.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Thank you, that helps a lot!
My Device: Q10 SQN100-2
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

In the BBOS days, there was a contextual text input feature called "clear field" that would clear a field with one button. Is BB10 going to get that feature back? I find that the select all the delete takes longer, which is contradictory to BlackBerry's mission.