Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10, Z10
My Carrier: TSEL

Re: Connecting to Blackberry Link

@losinghope, that option still there, you can see that it is there.

Just search in BBlink, and you will find the explanation on outlook syncing

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

For syncing with Outlook look here http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-10-Smartphone/How-To-OTA-Sync-BB10-and-non...
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Sorry guys, but BB Link offers no option for comms to Outlook - the only options I have are the manual "drag and drop" which clearly isn't an option for auto sync, switch devices (which doesn't do anything, just stops at stage one regardless of which BB I have linked), sync media, wifi media sync, remote files access - all of which are help only, not actionable.

I can't believe that I am still persisting. This is UI nonsense at a new level. Sadly at a low level.

Contributor

Same problem I'm afraid.

BB Link thinks it's on wifi only, even though it's cabled. If I turn off wifi all of the functionality disappears. Bit of a catch 22 to be honest. Been here a few times before!

A tip for BB/RIM - every piece of software that you have ever previously released is so much better than this piece of junk.

Contributor

I've just received an email from Blackberry that says that the Q10 was designed to revolutionise the way in which you use your phone. That's funny!

Every BB I have owned has been straightforward to use as a phone - press a button and dial a number. The Q10, you have to turn it on/wake it up, slide a finger across a screen a few times until you get something that looks like a phone symbol and then a when you press buttons to start dialling you have to make sure that the previous number has cleared. However, once you have entered your number (the letters of course show up in the data entry panel with the number below) you have to press the lower number to dial because any other key on the phone doesn't work.

Joy! So how many actions did that take to make a phone call? 

All I seek from a business phone is a unit that makes phone calls, receives texts and syncs with Outlook. Everything else is window dressing. My BB isn't about apps and ego, it's about business. Well that's how it used to be!

The only question now is whether it is an HTC 1 (M8), Samsung S5 or Sony Z3. Anyone know which of these offers hassle free syncing with Outlook (just like the BBs always have done until now)? I don't care about the gimmicks, MP3, camera, apps etc, just the important things that BB did so well.

Thanks in advance.

Contributor

A trip to to phone shop and an S5 it is then!

Novel things like a phone button on the first screen you see. WOW, that's a good idea - after all it is a phone.

Plus it connest to Outlook. WOW, another great idea.

Loads of gimmicks as well and sadly a touch sensitive screen but at least I know that Samsung actually offer customer support.

Thanks to everyone for their efforts on here and thanks for nothing Blackberry/RIM.

Highlighted
Contributor

That's funny. I just had an email which had a single option "did it solve your problem?". That's great. Technology at it's finest. well done Blackberry. I suggest you read the text and that should give you an idea.

Great to have something make you smile at the start of the day!

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

I'm not sure this has something to do with Blackberry itself. You can keep enjoying your Korean replica of an iphone and stop bumping this either way useless thread.

Regards.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10, Z10
My Carrier: TSEL

kosten4 wrote:
I'm not sure this has something to do with Blackberry itself. You can keep enjoying your Korean replica of an iphone and stop bumping this either way useless thread.

Regards.

+1 We all are looking for solution, sometimes we found it, sometimes we don't. 

Contributor

Until now I had found everyone's contributions most helpful, even if the offerings didn't ultimately solve the problem.

Like you, I have been a devotee of the BB for many years. I was an early adopter and at that time I was on  the Board of a company that over the years purchased hundreds of Blackberry devices. Since leaving corporate life and establishing a smaller business I have continued my love affair with Blackberry. 

Each time I came to upgrade there was never any consideration of any other product and I have enjoyed every generation of BB device, right up to the 9900. However, the Q10 experience has been nothing other than a disaster. It's clear that RIM are in dire straights and have taken the decision that they will not address customer issues until they resolve the underlying product problems. That's their prerogative but clearly it is a position that has not helped me whatsoever.

You use a sign off of BB here, now and forever. A catch phrase that I could so easily have been using until 2 weeks ago. Sadly I suspect that you too may be forced to change if the organisation don't get their  act together sometime soon. I very much doubt that there is any mobile product that is losing users at such a dramatic rate.

EE, my provider don't recommend the new devices and admit to not supporting them. A trip into a couple of other high street stores revealed other providers are no favouring BB either. The company cannot survive on a handful of loyalists, they need new users, new advocates, as well as the old guard.

Please remember, all I have been seeking is some professionalism from BB, nothing else. I've had 15 years or more use out of BB devices and never even looked at anything else that became available. For me to have made the decision to leave BB is pretty monumental. I hate touch screen devices but have no alternative.

I'm happy to leave it there but please respect that my gripe is with Blackberry for deserting their customers.