Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Copy Paste Not Always Available

So how how do you copy paste from (say) one e-mail to another e-mail?  I can copy the desired text, but when I navigate to a new e-mail (or Docs to Go) once I place my cursor I can not find the ability (icon) to paste.  I would love a keyboard shortcut if one existed.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Copy Paste Not Always Available

After reading a LOT of the replies here and some more experimentation I have solutions for the problem when trying to paste into an e-mail and Documents to Go:

• For e-mails - WORK AROUND - write some text in the new e-mail and THEN press and hold the cursor and the paste icon will appear. I could not get the paste icon to appear until there was some existing text in the body of the e-mail.
  • For Documents to Go: As documented elsewhere, position the icon and HOLD down for two seconds and then the paste icon will appear.

That's all for now.......

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Copy Paste Not Always Available

I haven't tried it with Docs To Go but I've been able to paste in an email when no text was there yet. At least you have a workaround.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.