Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Dead ON Arrival Q10 Keypad Keys

[ Edited ]

Hi , I am Siddhartha. 

I had Bought BB Q 10 Just a week ago & Since then i am facing issues with the keypad. Few Keys Such as "N" "H" either dosent work at all or Is too Hard to press upon. Have been trying to figure out whom to write but not getting through any of your contact no. or either the service centre around my area. Kindly contact at the earliest as this is a Case of Dead on arrival as the handset never responded properly. I need either a new handset to be allocated to me or a Full refund of 100% amount paid by me + 20% additional Discomfort charge for having me gone through such a pain. Immediate action would be appreciated.

Contact me immediately on [personal information removed].

Regards,

[personal information removed]

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Dead ON Arrival Q10 Keypad Keys

Let's eliminate the possibility of it being a software issue by restarting your phone. Press and hold your power button for about 15 seconds until BlackBerry appears on your screen. Other things will appear before that but ignore them and continue to hold the power button until you see BlackBerry. Once your phone has restarted, try once again to press those keys to see if they function properly.

Keep us up to date on your progress. Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Have tried the below step however issue remains as is..

I just reebooted as you said, otherwise i had tried this multiple times already since last 1 week.

Have also tried upgrading my Handset Version which was successful, issue still remains as is even after spending 2GB of Data Download.

Current Version : Q 10SQN 100-3/10.2.1.3247

Kindly get in touch with me @ 9713018229 & help in getting the handset repalced to a newer one please..

Regards,

Siddhartha

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9790 -> Q10 -> Classic
My Carrier: etisalat

Why don't you take it back to the shop / dealer from where you bought this piece?

Ask for replacement or refund.