Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Deleting e-mails on BlackBerry Q10 -

Using my old BB Bold I could delete incoming/outcoming e-mails after reading what I did because my mailbox was at limit of capacity. But doing this all these e-mails were kept in the in-/out folders of my MS Outlook-System in my computer. I was careful enough to test this first now with my new BB Q10 deleting just 1 e-mail, and I could not see that this e-mail was deleted as well in my Outlook. So I continued deleting all in my BB Q10. It was too late to recognize that it took some minutes (!) that the test-e-mail had been deleted, and unfortunately now all my other e-mails as well iin my Outlook system! A real diasaster - especially after I had to see that all the deleted e-mail did not land in the waste basket of the BB neither in the waste basket of my Outlook system !!! Any idea where these e-mails go and how they hopefully can be recovered?

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Deleting e-mails on BlackBerry Q10 -

Yep, using the new ActiveSync on BlackBerry10, deletions of emails from your device will sync to your server.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Yep, this is exactly what hurts me a lot! But why do they not end up inany waste bucket where they usually can be recovered?

Well, where they end up ON your server, usually can be controlled by your server settings.

Mine end up in a "Deleted" folder. I can flush that when I desire.

Some gmail ends up in a trash folder.

Check your server settings.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Well, thank's so far, will be checked by company's IT-operator, let you know if solved!

New Contributor

Once again regarding deleting emails on the Q10: the REAL problem is, that with a Exchange 2003 server these emails are deleted FOREVER without getting them first in a trash tray! My opinion: a real problem on which a hint in instructions is really missing!! I now have a real problem!!

[ Edited ]

Perhaps I missed that you were using an Exchange 2003 server.

Ask your server Admin if they can change this?

Second option: do NOT delete emails from your device which you know you will need elsewhere.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

No, this can not be changed in the 2003 server, that's the problem! And as I have stated, this is a matter we customers expect a certain hint in instructions. It is a logic matter that in case that you delete emails that you expect that you will not need them again, otherwise you would not delete them, will you? - In this case the background was that with the old BB Bold it was working that way that I could clean the emails on the BB just to get the mailbox empty but without getting these emails really deleted in the MS Outlook connected to the server. Expecting the same with the new BB Q10 caused the problem, because there is a different behaviour now of the BB server - and this is my criticism that there is no hint about this problem!

Mato wrote:

Expecting the same with the new BB Q10 caused the problem, because there is a different behaviour now of the BB server 

but that's the difference, there is no BB server involved any longer with BlackBerry10.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

...then I don't know why we had to install a new BlackBerry server for the BB's - I think this information is either a misunderstanding or wrong.

We have solved the problem in MS Outlook and our Exchange server 2003 now, mails are recovered.