Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Visitor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Celcom

Device heats and battery decay very fast

Recently, my q10 device heats up and the battery is empty within 3 hours.

This is happening even after I deleted most apps on the device

Any ideas how to solve the problem??

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Device heats and battery decay very fast

shmuelb wrote:

Are you on the latest update?

--

If my post has helped you, give it a LIKE Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Airtel

shmuelb wrote:

Here’s what you can do:

Problem: Device heating!

Workarounds:

1. Use the phone less. The longer you use it continuously and the more intensive the task, the hotter it will get. There is no way around this.
  2. Turn the phone off and remove the battery so it can cool faster.
  3. Press and hold the power key up top until the BB Q10 restarts.

Potential solutions:

1. Sometimes a specific app will be the culprit, for example, many BB Q10 owners have problems with Skype. If that’s the case for you then make sure the app is up to date. If it’s still causing a problem then stop using it and contact the developer to let them know.
  2. Some users have suggested that the overheating is worse in the first couple of weeks and will settle down. If you find that you get persistent overheating without heavy use and that the device is uncomfortable to hold or shuts down frequently, then you should contact BlackBerry, your carrier, or your retailer, and ask for a replacement.

Problem: Battery

Workarounds:

1. Turn off any features you aren’t using – GPS, NFC, data, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.
  2. Sync your email and accounts less frequently.
  3. Reduce screen brightness and use a black background.
  4. Reduce volume, turn off vibrate on notifications.

You should be getting at least a day of battery life, maybe more if you’re not using the phone heavily. If you find that the battery is draining extremely fast then it could be due to a rogue app or a hardware fault.

Potential solutions:

1. Make sure your BlackBerry and apps are fully updated.
  2. Try resetting by pressing and holding the power button and choosing the restart option. You could also remove the battery for 30 seconds.
  3. As a last resort you could try a master reset. Make sure you have everything on the internal storage backed up and remove your media card to avoid any problems, then go to Settings > Security and Privacy > Security Wipe and type “blackberry” in the box then tap Delete Data.
  4. If none of that works then contact BlackBerry, your carrier, or your retailer, and ask for a replacement handset.

Courtesy of: http:/www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/blackberry-q10-problems/

--

If my post has helped you, give it a LIKE Smiley Wink
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry q10
My Carrier: Aze

I have exactly the same problem. Battery gets flat in 7 hours without any usage. It happens when 3g or H is on. And it statrted with latest software update. Is it any method to downgrade the software as it was possible with 9700. Besides, do we have any option to check which application may cause such a drainage. To be franklu this is very annoying , especially on weekends, when you dont have to charhe your battery frequently.
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: Most expensive in Canada

[ Edited ]

RiM - Please bring back the Auto-On Auto-Off feature.

As said above - shut down "GPS, NFC, data, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc."

Add to the list LTE - Stick to 3G/GSM

Contributor

What is the point of switching data and bluetooth off. These are main function of smartphones. Even if yiu have them permanently on, the phone should keep battery live at least for 18-24 hours
Trusted Contributor

"What is the point of switching data and bluetooth off. These are main function of smartphones. Even if yiu have them permanently on, the phone should keep battery live at least for 18-24 hours"

Right, unfortunately common sense hasn't been re-invented yet. 

Contributor

I dont appreciate your irony. If the phone cannot work a day even with these functions on then it is just useless. Old BB worked perfectly and were useful in times when you could charge your phone just once a day. I want good stuff on q10!
Trusted Contributor

I couldn't agree more. The common sense re-invented irony is toward Research in Motion. NOT YOU.

Rushing a product to a dying customer base is not a small task. If I dig really deep in my heart I find some respect regarding the fact that RIM chose to put the priority on "stable" over "software features". Neat software features can always be added when they are ready and stable.

Hardware management is another animal all together. Power consumption can be predicted at design time and then validated with prototypes. I'm absolutely shocked (pun intended) to see how small the gas tank is on this thing. They put a Moped gas tank to match a V8 engine. Try figuring that one out. No excuse.

That's a poor corporate decision we have to live with. It's not going to improve much over time.

Grrrrrrrrrrr

"I dont appreciate your irony. If the phone cannot work a day even with these functions on then it is just useless. Old BB worked perfectly and were useful in times when you could charge your phone just once a day. I want good stuff on q10! ...."
New Contributor
My Carrier: 3HK

I also have this problem when use 4G network, but I use 3G network can solve the over heats issues, I believe should be the OS problem,  maybe you can try to turn off 4G network for testing.