Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone HU

Device switch from Android 2.2 to BB10

Hi There, I seek some advice how to switch from a Android 2.2 to BB10. I already searched for some information, and most pages advise, that I should download the device switch app to both devices and the app will perform all steps required. Unfortunately, my Android device has the version 2.2.1. and the device switch app required 2.3 and my device can't be upgraded. Is there any way to transfer data from the android device to the BB10? When I started to use the Android device, it had an app called Transfer Data and it automatically pulled the contactsetc. from my previous device. Is there anything similar for BB10? Thanks, preizer
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: O2

Re: Device switch from Android 2.2 to BB10

hi, normally you can sync your contacts on your bb 10 device with your email accounts. for transferring your contacts to a bb 10 device, sync your android phone with your gmail account first and then sync your bb 10 device with your gmail account. for transferring other stuff like pics, music etc. i think you need to use a pc/mac for bridging. you won't regret switching Smiley Happy i used android for a long time and also use ios at the moment. in my opinion, bb 10 is the most advanced mobile os together with sailfish os on the market. but people do not see that and just go for specs of the devices, not performance and security. regards