Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Did system update--lost all texts and BBM texts

Wait a minute.

Jane wrote:

i am so upset.  Worked hard editing a lot of pictures.   Nothing is reading my media card since update.

I don't know what "nothing" is... have you actually tried what I asked? If you can do what I instructed, you can use a free program loaded to your PC, named Zero Asssumption Recovery to recovery ANY deleted files from the media card. You can be upset, I'm sorry, but I am giving you good advice you need to try IF those pictures were that important to you.

Jane wrote:

I can't store the many emails I use for work.  no we don't have enterprise.  I just can't store the emails, They won't go.

Store your emails? Store them where? Can you please clearly explain what you're trying to store and do, and what's the end result you expect? You don't want to "store" your emails on a mobile phone, that's bad planning (like someone wanting to "store" their food in a car). If you want copies of emails to be stored somewhere, it's on an email server. But you will have to give me more information.

Jane wrote:

Since update my calendar has changed. it is so light i can't read the dates...I hate it.

What is light, the type, or the screen? Have you tried turning down the backlighting on the device to make your calendar darker? Do you mean it changed from a dark background theme to a light theme (that is change is being made optional in a coming OS release)?

Jane wrote:

The contacts from my sim card are constantly getting mixed up with wrong contacts in my contacts.  Its stupid.

Being delegated to what calendar I use and not being able to store my emails and losing my pictures, is enough.  I've had it.

I wouldn't recommend storing contacts on your SIM card. A SIM card can only store ONE name and ONE phone number per record. A contact on your Q10 stores the name, multiple number, email address, physical addresses, etc. (just like you old 9790 did).

Jane, if you can take some time to let me help you, you'll be back in business. If you've already returned it... sorry.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 -SQ100-3
My Carrier: Fido (Rogers.com)

I did put my media card in my 9790.  As I said below, it said no media card. not reading it, not there.  I don't have a pc , i have a mac.  Some pictures are still on my old phone, 9790, but when I hook it up to BB link, it says it downloads it, but when I plug in the Q10 when it says to for transfer, nothing happens, I can't press next. 

Is this because I already switched phones in May?

The BB link reads my Q10 on its own, it is fine, but can't do transfer of like files.

Yes i do use a lot of emails.   I cannot save any emails into a file.  I make files of different things and save the emails accordingly.  The Q10 does not have a save function for saving emails.  I tried going to the filing cabinet I created for this and getting it from there,  no go.  The 9790 I made files and put the emails into the files accordingly. I don't know why you have a problem understanding store emails.  I guess you don't.

Why would I turn the backlight down on my phone every time I quickly check my calendar?  It is a quick action,  this would not make it a quick action.  I liked the dark calendar we had before. Good to know we will have options in future.

not using my sim card to store numbers ..

DON'T THINK!!!! LOOK!

[ Edited ]

Jane wrote:

I did put my media card in my 9790.  As I said below, it said no media card. not reading it, not there.  I don't have a pc , i have a mac. 

Arghhh... ok, IN your Mac then.

Do you want to save your pictures or not? Please, I really am trying to help you here.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Virgin mobile

Sorry to hear about the issues that have caused you such grief.

I have the Q10 -- and I started this conversation. Other than losing texts and BBMs at the time of the update, I have had no other problems. My photos and other files are okay, and all subsequent texts and BBMs--hundreds--have been stored properly. In fact, everything since the update things have been nearly perfect, and I'm loving my Q10.

So...  could anything else--other than the update--be the root cause of your problems? Have you tried taking it back to where you bought it to see if any tech help is available? Have you tried taking just your sim card into a computer center to see if they could read it?

I hope you can recover your photos.

Regular Contributor

Well I just noticed after the update.  I don't know what else it could be.  I did lose all my texts and bbms.  Don't care about those.

i downloaded a few recovery programs.  Not reading media card. So I guess my media card is fryed, I dunno.

I tried with it in my 9790 and my Q10.

I will take it to someone to see if they can get the media card working at least to get my pics.

I will also get a new media card to see if it works.

Still can't save emails into a folder anywhere.  Perhaps a different email account other than gmail?  i had 300 emails categorized and saved on the 9790.

DON'T THINK!!!! LOOK!
Highlighted

Jane, I guess I need to give up. I've asked and asked about the media card.

I can't help if you can't be specific. What few recovery programs? Did you use the one I recommended above, which I know has worked for me?

Jane wrote:

Still can't save emails into a folder anywhere.  Perhaps a different email account other than gmail?  i had 300 emails categorized and saved on the 9790.

You're using Gmail.

If so, folders  and filing to folder is possible. If you could do this on your 9790, it should still be possible now.

Again, I am going to ask a specific question, in order to help you, will need a specific answer.

1. On your Q10, go to your main Settings (swipe down from the top bezel > Accounts > tap your Gmail account.
  2. Now, scroll DOWN to the bottom of that screen to EDIT FOLDER SETTINGS and tap on that.
  3. On the screen, do you see the folders you want to File to?
  4. At the top of that screen, do you have "Sync All Email Folders" set to ON?

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor

Yes I did try the one you mentioned.  It would not work with my Mac Book Pro.

Two others I tried and they were not seeing the media card in the phones.  This is why I think it is the media card.

I do not have just a media card reader.

yes!  i did what you said for emails sync to all folders.   It did not change that I can not save emails I sent,  just the ones I get in.  My email I sent is not always on the acknowledging email I get back and I still need to keep some of the emails I sent, whether I get a reply or not.  When pressing on the SENT email the sidebar comes in but does not have an option to save it anywhere.   On incoming there is.

I understand they have this option on Enterprise. But I am self employed with no server. I heavily depend on my phone.

DON'T THINK!!!! LOOK!
Regular Contributor

The recovery programs I looked at and tried:

Zero Assumption

Zero Assumption for Mac

Card Recovery

Recuva File Recovery

Data Recovery 5 for Mac

DON'T THINK!!!! LOOK!