Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10 Azerty
My Carrier: Proximus

Different contact options when creating a new text message

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

On my Q10, I have the following "issue":

When I want to type a new sms message to somebody listed in my contacts, I get not only the mobile phone number linked to that contact person but also e-mail addresses, fixed number...

Is there any way I can change a setting for this so that only mobile numbers are displayed while creating a new text message (SMS)? Fixed phone number and mail addresses are just not relevant.

On the other hand, when I want to create a new e-mail, I only see the mail addresses of my contact I am sending to.

In my blackberry HUB I have following account (most probably the reason why I see other contact details while creating new text messages):

Mail

Facebook

LinkedIn

Please advise.

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Thomas

Belgium

Mod Edit: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Different contact options when creating a new text message

I've not found a way to remove that additional contact information when composing an SMS.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code