Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Q10, model #SQN100-3
My Carrier: Rogers

E-mail messages not showing under activity tab in contacts

I've recently switched from a BB 9700 to a Q10 and noted that my e-mail activity does not show up in the contact screen activity tab, but text and phone calls do. I spoke with a Rogers tech who also has a BB10 but unlike me is on an exchange server (I'm using a Rogers pop acount) and apparently with an exchange server the e-mail activity IS picked up in the contact activity screen. Anyone else with this problem? Any solutions? I get a lot of messages and accessing a message on a specific contact tbrough perusing the recent activity is much easier than searching through 100's of messages or typing in a specific search.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: E-mail messages not showing under activity tab in contacts

Hey Wroach,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To better assist you, if you go into your Contacts and select the Contact lists (the three lines in the bottom left), do these contacts show up under the contact list for the email account in question? 

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: BB Q10, model #SQN100-3
My Carrier: Rogers

No, they show under "all contacts". However, in trying to trouble shoot the issue I added specific contacts under the E-mail account to see if that would cause the E-mail message to show under contact activity. In fact. I even tried loading all of my contacts into Rogers Yahoo Mail and syncing them into my Rogers E-mail contacts (so all of my contacts were then in the Rogers E-mail contact list) but the E-mail activity still didn't show in the contact activity screen (I subsequently deleted this list as it gave me duplicate contacts).
Sav
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T mobile

I have the same problem. I can't see any activity on gmail account. Sms and calls - ok. Were you able to find out what to do?
Visitor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Airtel

having exactly same problem and its very frustrating as im a business uses who depends heavily on activity logs to trace communications. My main reason for sticking with bb is for the business functions. please help!!!
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

This is a big bummer for me, too. I certainly hope that it gets fixed in an upcoming software release/upgrade. It is VERY important to easily see the previous emails, texts and phone call history all in the same area, and I assume that's what the "Activity" tab was meant to show by the designers and developers. Please fix this?