Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Optus

Email Account Settings

I have had my Q10 a couple of months. On 3 occasions now, my email account settings have 'come undone' and this happens without warning or for no obvious reasons. Consequesntly my emails are not coming through and I am not aware of the issue. When checking the settings I am told the server name might be incorrect or offline. I note the password line is blank and I have trouble trying to reconnect. Why does this happen and what can I do to ensure the settings do not get undone?

My Device: q10
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Email Account Settings

I am having the same trouble and no one can tell this 'non-techie' how to resolve it.. my password gets deleted within the hour of re-entering it! It is only with my one for work (microsoft activesync) my others are fine. HELP!

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone NZ

My husband swapped from the curve to the Q10 10 days ago.  He is having the same problem.  Account not connected and the email invalid.

Re entering the password on the email account in settings seems to work.   (Once I didn't think it did but it could have been my typing skills).

This seems to be a problem all over the web with the Q10,  Does anyone know if BB have logged and are working on this issue.  I see people all over the world with all kinds of carriers and email accounts are having the problem so I don't think it is unique to anyone kind of email account authentication.

New Contributor

Curiously my email settings have reset all on their own...four days after unsetting. While that is good it is disconcerting that the Q10 has a mind of its own. I am not happy that settings undo themselves for no reason so anyone who can explain this and help me to avoid it happening again, would be welcome.

Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: airtel

Hi

if you open  the mail account from the settings, the password has to be re-entered.

Did you by aby chance attempt this?

I learnt it by trial and error when I looked for signaure location and closed the mail setting to see that the mail failed.

New Contributor

Thank you - yes I did try that but my complaint is that the email settings get 'undone' for no reason at all and it is a pain in the bum! I would have thought once the settings are established in a phone, nothing should undo them. I have never had that problem over 20 years of having mobile phones. Why does a BB phone do it not once, not twice, but three times within three months in 2013?