Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Visitor
My Device: BB9900
My Carrier: Starhub

Email - Sent Box

Hi, I have been using several models of BB for many years and currently using BB 9900. I am thinking of switching to Q10 as I am a BB keyboard fan. I am aware that BIS has been removed. My only concern and question is about the using of e-mail. My e-mail account is our own domain and host by Singnet BWS for many years and I am using Microsoft outlook. a) Whenever I send an e-mail from my current BB 9900, the sent messages would appear and retain in the "SENT BOX" as unread message on my laptop when i return to office. b) Similarly, when I delete a message on my BB 9900, i have options to delete either "on Mailbox & handheld" or "on Handheld". May i know whether the abovementioned two features still exist for the new Q10 or Z10 and if not, is there other means that i can use this two features as I always on the move and i need to have a backup for the sent message on my laptop when i get back the office. Appreciate your soonest reply as my BB9900 is giving me problem - lagging and auto on/off. Thank you.
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Email - Sent Box

Your a) will work. Although it should appear as read.

Your b) will currently delete on both the device & handheld both with no option to delete on server only.

The ability to  hide sent items on the BlackBerry Q10 is available, however it will hide all sent items from all accounts in the Hub.
To hide sent items so they are not viewed in the inbox of the Q10 (to avoid deleting them permanently):
From the Hub->menu (3 vertical dots)->Settings->Display and Actions->Show sent items (toggle to off).
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code