Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry q10
My Carrier: rogers

Email delays on Blackberry Q10

Could someone please  assist me with this email delays I,m facing with Blackberry Q10.I,m using Godaddy hosted email account.I tried both pop and imap setting but still I,m having 15 to 20 mins delay in receiving emails.Tried to contact Godaddy but they said it your phone's problem.Does anyone have any solution for this.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Email delays on Blackberry Q10

GoDaddy has not enabled PUSH on their IMAP accounts.

I am faced with the same delay on my GoDaddy hosted email.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

You can control the speed at which email is picked up using Sync Interval. This is accessed from your email. Use the swipe down and then select Settings (System Settings) and then selecting Accounts and use the Account Settings screen to select your email account which with Edit Account has Sync interval at the bottom (scroll down). Min is 5 mins.

You can also click the dots on the right of the email screen and press Refresh and it immediately picks up email messages from your ISP server.

Not as good as when there was a BIS which had full push email as was used by my Blackberry Bold..  I would send a message from my laptop that would arrive within seconds on my BlackBerry Bold.

I use UK Vodafone and BT Internet as my email account.

Geoff

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry q10
My Carrier: rogers

Thanks for the reply.I did that setting to 5 mins but still 5 mins delay is a lot .I thing I have to switch back to torch where emails arrive instantly through BIS service.

Yea, and that five minutes is sometimes 15-20 minites.

The point is that GoDaddy needs to enable PUSH on their servers.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I am just setting up Btinternet account and it just wont work. My Hotmail account works fine. How did you connect and what settings did you use. thanks if you can help me.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I am on build 10.1.0.4200 but even on prior builds I've never had Refresh ever work. With my GoDaddy account it's especially noticable, emails don't come in reliably, and as a work around the GoDaddy webmail interface in the browser is virtually unusable on a phone screen. I almost wonder if the Refresh button is a dummy feature.  

At some point emails do come in (occasionally days later), but there is no correlation between clicking refresh and getting emails to arrive.  More reliable is rebooting the phone, sometimes that clears whatever is blocking email delivery. I've also been tempted more often than with any other phone I've ever owned to throw my Z10 against the wall or out of the car window, but do realize that this probably wouldn't help... ;-)

Another related problem I've recently noticed with GoDaddy is that all emails arrive twice, but the second instance of a message is unreadable. The message goes into wait mode with the spinning circle icon, and eventually says message body could not be downloaded. 

My Device: BlackBerry 9370

Although I abhor workarounds, you might consider haviing your GoDaddy email automatically forwarded to a Gmail account, if possible. Gmail will arrive on a push basis. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

The work around may work but it gets messy with replies now just being in Gmail when I really like my unlimited godaddy email archive. I wonder how we got from BlackBerry 7 best email in the world to OS10 same exact email address barely works on a good day. Can't BlackBerry fix something?

, my primary email account also a private domain hosted by GoDaddy. I also have the few minutes delay in email delivery, but not days or hours as you speak of.

Have you deleted that account setup from your Q10, rebooted and re-added it?

Knowledge Base Updates