Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Email messages viewed in Outlook are deleted on my Q10

Hi

On my btinternet email account I had to set it up as IMAP. The Q10 sends and receives emails so that seems to be working OK. However, if I view an email in Outlook 2007 it is deleted on my Q10. how can I change this so it is retained on the BB please? (I can understand that it would be logical for it to be deleted on the BB if i deleted it in Outlook but why should it be deleted on the Q10 even if I just view the message in Outlook?) 

Thanks

John

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Email messages viewed in Outlook are deleted on my Q10

It sounds like your setup in Outlook is POP and Outlook is downloading the mail and then removing it from the server. When it is removed from the server it is removed from the Q10. I suggest changing Outlook to leave a copy on the server or change it to IMAP just as your Q10.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for that suggestion John. I have checked the btinternet.com account and it is an IMAP/SMTP account. The settings are: Incoming server and outgoing server: mail.btinternet.com; Ports are: In -  993; out 465. SSl is enabled. I have a rule set up which moves incoming emails for that account (which hit a different In Box) to the main Outlook In Box. I haven't got automatic purge set up. i do that maunually from time to time so that items that are struck through in the IMAP In Box are then removed. I noticed that there are quite a few items in my IMAP In Box which are not struck through. Could the rule be the culprit for my In Box problem do you think? Thanks in advance for any addition thoughts you may have.

John

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

If you're moving those emails from the server to a personal folder/inbkx in Outlook the yes. It doesn't matter how the email gets moved or deleted. If it disappears from the server for any reason it will disappear from the Q10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!