Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Visitor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Emails appearing opened

Emails coming to my device appear as already read eventhough I haven't opened them yet.  I have a Q10 but had this issue with my Bold as well.  My service provider is Rogers and the emails are from my @rogers account.  Would this be a setting on the email preferences on my home computer (I use Mac mail) or on the actual device?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Emails appearing opened

Hello pgitlin,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your question regarding email appearing as opened when received on your BlackBerry Q10 smartphone.

In most cases, this occurs when a message is being marked as read on the mail server and reconciling to the BlackBerry smartphone. 

You can verify this by viewing the messages on a webmail login to see if they also appear as read. If all else fails you may want to contact your mail service provider to investigate.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Emails appearing opened

[ Edited ]

Hello,

This is my first post, but I thought it would be important for people like me who are very frustrated by this problem of emails being marked open even when you have not looked at them!

After hours and hours of searching on the web, I finally tried something that seemed intuitive and it worked!

The solution for you may be the same as me and it has now worked for over 2 days flawlessly, just as it should.

Delete the email address that is giving you the problems.

Next choose:

Accounts > Set up email > Add Account  and then the most important part is to choose the icon at the bottom of the screen that is named Advanced and select Advanced setup.

Set up the email manually in the Advanced tab as you would normally do and then it should work fine for you and stop marking your messages read before you read them.

I hope this solution works for you too.

Wishing you all the best!

Mark