Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9700 & Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Emails stop coming in from accounts

Once in a while emails from my exchange account (using active sync) and my gmail account stop coming in on my phone.

To restore the issue I have to reboot or go into account settings, re-enter my password and force a resync. Once that is done all my emails start flooding back in.

Another colleague is having the same issue and I noticed others are having this issue over on the Crackberry forums.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Emails stop coming in from accounts

How many messages do you have in your mailbox? I archived mine down to about 500 in my inbox of my Exchange account and things seemed to work much better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

On my phone or in my actual exchange account? On the phone i'm not sure but on my exchange account I have several thousand I would say
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

In Outlook. I archived everything down until I had around 500 messages in my inbox and my sent items. Things worked much better after that.

One other question, is this Exchange 2003 or 2010?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Yeah there is no way I can archive for that few messages.

I'm using office 365 so it's exchange in the cloud by MS (not the small business version).

Thanks.
Guru II

I can't speak for Office 365. Sorry.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10

The issue has nothing to do with MS365 as it works flawlessly on other phones such as 9900!!!

Here are the very common issues for Q10:

- Phone heats up for no apparent reason, once or twice a day! When I say heats up, I don't just mean it getting warm..... gives you the impression that it is going to explode!

- Emails, notifications, and pretty much everything else related to the hub stops coming in! Even calendars won't sync anymore, until the device is turned off and on again!

- Contacts are not completely synced with the contact section of the phone application!!!!!!!!! Completely random! I read in another forum that a BlackBerry rep had suggested that those contacts do not have phone numbers associated with them and that is why they don't show up in phone app! COMPLETELY BS!!! 

It baffles me, BlackBerry with so many loyal customers, the one phone which is supposed to be the flagship and their "comeback" magic trick, they don't pay enough attention to!!! 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vipnet Croatia

New Contributor

This is exactly my issue. Still not resolved. Both of my colleauges and I which are all using the Q10 have this issue and the heating up for no reason issue.

Hopefully BB can fix this quickly!