Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Frozen at Blackberry logo

Hi  - first day with my Blackberry Q10 - was working this afternoon and I was excited about trying the new features.  Then it was frozen into the BB logo screen - even though it said 100%.  Pulled the battery many times, and left it out.  Very unfortunate situation since I really need my phone!  its for business use - any suggestions?

Retired
My Device: Z10 9800 9900

Re: Frozen at Blackberry logo

Hey DM_BBuser,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question. My suggestion would be to reload the software on the device. This means that anything that was on the device will be removed and may cause data loss. If possible attempt to back up your BlackBerry Q10 using the article below, prior to reloading the software.

- Ensure you have BlackBerry Link installed on your computer by visiting blackberry.com/software ->Select link to Learn more about BlackBerry Link -> Choose PC or Mac -> Download

- Back up your BlackBerry Q10:

Article Title:How to backup data on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Article Number: KB33526
Link: How to backup data on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone

- Reload the software of the BlackBerry Q10:

1. Open BlackBerry Link.
  2. Connect the smartphone using the micro USB cable.
  3. At the bottom of the BlackBerry Link window, click the  Computer tab.
  4. Select settings.
  5. Under Reload Device Software, select  Reload.
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions.

-When BlackBerry Link has indicated the process is complete, turn the phone back on and proceed through the set up. Ensure to use the same BlackBerry ID, as this is required to restore your back up. Your BlackBerry ID also will restore your BlackBerry Messenger list and BlackBerry World purchases.

Let us know how you make out with these steps.

Cheers!

-WW

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!