Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: -

Frozen lock screen

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

this bug has been known for at least a month (it's plenty of discussions across the Internet) and while I gave up finding a workaround (I already tried everything that was suggested earlier), I wonder whether BB is going to relase an update...ever...

When I try to unlock the phone with ANY gesture, the keyboard lights up, but the phone screen doesn't come back to life...holding the power off button will indeed bring up the "hold for powering the phone off" screen, but not the main menu...

I haven't set any password...

Is there any hope?

thanks!

Retired
My Device: Z10 / 9900 / 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Frozen lock screen

Hey db1981.

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

There have been some reports of similar symptoms although different than the way you have described yours. These have been submitted to our development team for investigation.

Although we have seen similar symptoms and have reported them, I would still suggest contacting your Wireless Service Provider for support to get in contact with BlackBerry support so that we may gather further information from your BlackBerry to clarify if the symptoms you are experiencing are similar to the reports already escalated internally.

After we clarify and document your issue and environment, we can attempt to fix or workaround the issue with a software reload of your BlackBerry Q10 software.

As a side note, are you able to wake the device by pressing any of the numbered keys on your BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone?

Cheers.

-Sawks

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter !@BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: -

Hello Sawks,

I bought the phone without a contract attached to it, so I don't have a WSP...

And yes, I did try to press all of the numbered keys...

You suggest to reload the the BB10 software...I'm trying to think whether this behavior was happening before I imported contacts and settings from my previous Curve 9360...

thanks

Retired
My Device: Z10 / 9900 / 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Hey db1981.

Does the BlackBerry Q10 have a SIM in it, and do you have BlackBerry data service provided by anyone? If so, you can contact them to be transferred through to BlackBerry Support for assistance.

If you are unsure if the behaviour was happening before the device switch, you can attempt to backup the BlackBerry using BlackBerry Link and then wipe the data, but I am not certain that device data would cause symptoms such as you have explained.

Cheers.

-Sawks

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter !@BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)