06-27-2013 09:49 AM
I have wi-fi at home, wi-fi at my office, and good cell coverage in between. When I switch from one location to another, my Q10 finds the network no problem, but won't always connect my g-mail account. This means I can neither send nor receive e-mails without turning the phone on and off again. I contacted Bell, and they told me that everytime I switch from wi-fi to the bell network and back again I have to turn the wi-fi on and off, and that this is the norm for all smart phones. It's not what the Q10 user manual says, and I never had this problem with my Bold, nor does my wife have the problem with her I-phones. Any suggestions?
06-30-2013 07:27 AM
Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
Thanks for the question. In order to better investigate this issue, can you please provide some more details about your issue?
1. Does this happen randomly or every time you switch between a WiFi network and the wireless network?
2. Do other internet based applications stop functioning as well? (ex: browser, FaceBook)
3. If you navigate to "System Settings->Accounts" and select your GMail account, does it have any error messages or required actions when this happens?
There should be a seamless switch between networks and does not require for you to switch WiFi on and off to have the account function again.
I look forward to your response.
06-30-2013 04:04 PM
Thanks for your reply. In answer to your questions:
1) It is completely random. Sometimes the transition is seamless, sometimes I get the problem. There is no identifiable pattern
2) Other functions continue to work fine. It's just the e-mail that won't connect
3) In the settings tab under accounts, it will show that my e-mail is not connected (calendar and contacts are fine). The error message associated with the problem says, "the server at imap.gmail.com is not responding" and to check settings. I'm assuming my settings are correct as it works some of the time, and because the problem resolves itself after I restart the phone.
Thanks in advance for your help.
07-07-2013 04:53 AM
Thanks for the information. I suggest deleting the email account from your BlackBerry Q10 and then re adding the account back. Please see steps below:
-Navigate to System Settings->Accounts->Select the GMail account ->Delete
-Complete these steps for Calendar and Contacts as well
-Select to "Add Account->Email/Calendar/Contacts->Email Address->Next->Password->Next->Sync All->Save
-Monitor Account for a few days to see if issue re occurs
Let us know how you make out with this,
08-08-2013 02:54 PM
08-08-2013 03:00 PM
I feel your pain, but I fixed my problem. I got a notification (about 2 weeks ago) for an OS update for the Q10. Since I did the download and installed that, everything works great.
Check it out, and then reply back.
08-08-2013 03:07 PM
One other thing; after I did the update I did a battery pull and a complete cold re-start. I think you have to do that to make it work.
If that doesn't work, then I'm as confused as you. This Q10 just isn't as good as the Bold in so many ways.
08-08-2013 03:10 PM
08-08-2013 03:14 PM
If you follow the thread above, you can see where one of the tech people told me to delete the e-mail account, complete with calender and contacts, and then re-install it. Well as luck would have it, I deleted the account and did the re-install, and then immediately got the OS update notification. So I really don't know which of the two solved the problem, or if it was a combination of the two things. And the batter pull.
I have a Playbook too, and it was a real dog until I did a wipe (I think that's what it's called. Basically returns to factory defaults). After that, it was great. I think the real problem was that program that the phone came with that transferred your Bold settings to the Q10. I have a feeling that program didn't do everything it was supposed to.
Interested to know if the battery pull works for you.