Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Sasktel

HELP! BBQ10 NOT RECOGNIZED AND ALL DATA LOST

Yesterday I went to backup my q10 and my computer asked me to update to the BB 10 OS(Operating System). After approximately 30 minutes, my q10 was wiped clean and I have nothing on it. No contacts, no picks etc. I have BB link on my computer running windows 8 but I cannot back up this q10 and I have downloaded secondary software to try to save what is hidden on my q10 but I cannot my q10 is not recognized by the computer outside of LINK. Any help would be appreciated.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: HELP! BBQ10 NOT RECOGNIZED AND ALL DATA LOST

Hi saskatoongordon,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Sorry to hear about your BlackBerry Q10 being wiped. Do you have another backup file to restore from?

Can you please clarify this issue? Is BlackBerry Link able to connect with your BlackBerry Q10 smartphone but the computer doesn't detect it? Are you able to try connecting your BlackBerry Q10 to another computer to see if it can be detected and rule out any device issue?

What is the full version of BlackBerry Device Software that you currently have?

Can you tell me what happens when you try to backup? Are any errors received?

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Sasktel

Re: HELP! BBQ10 NOT RECOGNIZED AND ALL DATA LOST

The full version is 10.1.0.273. I backed up my blackberry now using blackberry link and it works but I still have not retrieved any of my old data off the blackberry and I am sure that as I ccontinue to use it, the data that was there gets covered up. I think it is too late now but if you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks, Gordon