Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: Du

HOW TO SEND BROACAST IN BBM TO CATEGORY AND NOT GROUP????

Need help urgently...

i cant figure out how to send a broadcast to a partiular category of friends i have created in my bbmessenger? It always gives an option of select all..!!!

I am not talking about a group. I want to send a broadcast to a category of friends which is around 100+

Can someone guide me on this please...

Thanks..

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: HOW TO SEND BROACAST IN BBM TO CATEGORY AND NOT GROUP????

Hey munir_uh,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Currently this feature is not available.  We appreciate the feedback, currently you can send a broadcast message to all or manually add the contacts.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: Du

[ Edited ]

Buddy! You must be kidding big time!!!

I am having my business on Blackberry and got 817 contacts and around 700 work colleagues!! You want me to choose 700+ people 1 by 1?? Can i have a resolution or a new patch to fix this issue please? 

I guess blackberry's whole idea was effective business purpose with less cost & not all users are teens that they would broadcast to all!! 

Currently its sounds i just wasted $736!!

I cant believe Blackberry messenger developers did such a stupid mistake by not adding the option!! 

Can we have the fix patch ASAP!! Blackberry team has actually cut me off from my business...

NOT HAPPY WITH MY Q10 PHONE AT ALL CURRENTLY!!!!

New Contributor
My Device: 9780, 9900, z10
My Carrier: Virgin

i HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ON Z10 LAST WEEK, SWITCHED BACK TO BOLD 9900. HALF MY WORK IS SENDING BULK SMS/BBM BROADCASTS TO MY 700 PLUS CLIENTS. NO WAY I CAN SPEND MY WHOLE DAY SELECTING INDIVIDUAL CONTACTS. SOME HOW THE DEVELOPERS FORGOT FUNDAMENTAL FEATURES OF THEIR LAST OS. CANT SEND BROADCASTS TO SPECIFIC GROUPS IN BBM, CANT MAKE GROUP IN CONTACTS FOR SMS. TRULY SUCKS. ALSO THERE ARE IS NO BROADCAST IN WHATSAPP FOR Z10/Q10. FINALLY THE MUSIC PLAYER HAS ONLY ONE SETTING. NO EQUALIZER LIKE BOLD. THEY MADE US WAIT FOR SO LONG FOR 10 OS AND FORGOT SUCH BASIC THINGS. SOMEBODY AT BB DEVELOPMENT TEAM SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED. CAN SOMEONE IN BB LET US IF YOU GUYS ARE EVEN WORKING ON SOLUTION?

My Device: sony xperia sq c5302
My Carrier: touch

plz I need this feature too

New Contributor
My Device: samsung
My Carrier: XL

Dear developer, please update the software, since we used it frequently and really help our work and sending updates for our customer, is it posibble to make some changes in your next updates?

Regards

My Device: Android LG G3
My Carrier: Three Indonesia

Just wondering if the new BlackBerry Passport with its new OS 10.3 has this feature built in into the BBM or not, this is one of the reason I will get BB and BBM, otherwise, this will hinder me from purchasing one of a very expensive handset. 

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: 3

[ Edited ]

If blackberry want their user back to use BB handset, bring back the ability to send broadcast message to bbm category contact.

---- And don't update this feature in Android/iPhone version.

This is the MUST HAVE FEATURE in selling product, most of my friend are stuck with their old bb phone because of this feature is absent on BBOS10...

Why don't use BBM grup/Channel?? Come on, we want an ease to use feature, for some old fellow BBM channel are make dificult not efficient for selling product...

We are user, we want the simple things, there is no reason to buy BB Device, if the device can't fit our need. BB device is good buy not that good compare to Android/iOS facility. This is the power of BBM (Broadcast message!) And this is the basic feature that we NEED...

If BB scare that the broadcast message cause server overload because of this feature, then i think its time for BB to retired!!!

My Device: Android LG G3
My Carrier: Three Indonesia

Omg, for this long they have not figured this out?? Seriously, the passport and classic with their 10.3 OS, or newer version of BBM, are they supporting / enabling this feature, already?
New Contributor
My Device: samsung
My Carrier: XL

I don't think none of them think this is a serious matters, and they just ignore some inputs without any explanation. Now I already starting to broadcast to all my customer to switch to Whatsapp Or Line which 70% already in progress. I hate it when developers aren't listening to user inputs. Just leave BBM and switch to faster and reliable program such Whatsapp and LINE