Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: q10
My Carrier: verizon

Headphone jack doesnt work - Q10

I received my third replacement phone yesterday where the headset jack is non-functional. Is this a common problem? I replaced my phone in February because of this issue, then it happened again yesterday and my replacement received today has the same issue. Thank you! I am not about to give up my BB, sadly. 

Contributor
My Device: Q10

Re: Headphone jack doesnt work - Q10

aswain76 wrote:

I received my third replacement phone yesterday where the headset jack is non-functional. Is this a common problem? I replaced my phone in February because of this issue, then it happened again yesterday and my replacement received today has the same issue. Thank you! I am not about to give up my BB, sadly. 

Are you sure you're pushing the jack in far enough? My wife complained yesterday that the headphones on her new iPhone 5s did not work and she wasn't pushing the headphone jack in enough.

I just tried with my Q10 (also new) and I see that there's a little push needed to 'snap' the jack in all the way. Though even when it's in 'all the way' there's still a bit less than 1/8" (2mm) sticking out - so I would not push extremely hard, just far enough to get the audio working.

I hope this is what your issue is too.

Russell