Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

How Do I Get My Exchange Contacts and Calendar to load onto my Q10?

I have had my Q10 nearly 24 hours now and it has taken a large chunk on this time trying to set it up so that it can replace my old BlackBerry.

The livelink transfer didnt work and the SIM card is a different size. So I am having to build the phone from scratch.

I have got my email working, 2 exchange accounts.

However, I cannot get my contacts or calendar to transfer to the Q10. I use activesync for my exchange emails, which works fine for the email but does not transfer the contacts or calendar.

Anyone know why this is?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: How Do I Get My Exchange Contacts and Calendar to load onto my Q10?

when you did the setup for ActiveSync, did it create the associated calendar and the associated contacts book?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

When I created the accounts on the Q10 it only created email accounts there does not appear to be corresponding calendars and contacts. They are just empty.

The email is working fine but I have no contacts or calendar.

Guru I

go to the active sync account, and edit it.
you will get to a page where you can change the password as well as device what you wish to sync (email / contacts / calendar / other calendars).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Hi Xandrex this may be the problem.

When you say the active sync account softwatre what do you mean?

My ISP has active sync on their Exchange Servers but I do not have access to this. Am I supposed to have something locally on my Blackberry? If so what is it and do you know where I can get it?

Thanks for your help.

Guru I

well, if you want activesync on your Z10, you simply have to configure an ActiveSync account on your Z10, with the proper parameters (usually less than 5 minutes to set everything up).

the proper parameters must be asked by you to your email provider (in your case, it seems that it is your ISP).

New Contributor

This may be what I have already done. I entered my email addresses and passwords, the Q10 did everything else. But didnt create any calendar or contacts for these email accounts.

Guru I

edit the activesync account on your Z10. At some point you can use a toggle on/off for contacts & calendar.

New Contributor

I have found sync options for folders but there is not an option for the calendar or contacts. Interestingly there is one for suggested contacts - bizarre

The activesync is working perfectly for emails but absolutely nothing for the calendar or contacts. I cant believe this can be this hard.

I have 4 days left to return the device, at this rate that is what I am going to have to do. What is the point of having s smartphone that doesnt list any of your contacts or calendar.

Guru I

you are sure you're using ActiveSync and not IMAP?