Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

How to delete a photo from Device-Work/photos

DefaultHow to delete a photo from Device-Work/photos
I saved a photo from my work email account (it's a picture of a golf green) and afterward, I noticed that I can't really do anything with it.

How do you delete files from the "work" side of the phone?

Also curious why these files are even there if you can't do anything with them...what's the point?
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Torch-Q10-Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: How to delete a photo from Device-Work/photos

where are the pictures being stored?

normally if you press and hold on the picture the bin should show on the right hand side of screen.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I saved a photo from a work email and it's not on the personal side of my Q10.  I can't view it in the File Manager (even when connected via USB to my computer) or in Pictures.  It's on the "Device-Work" side and not the "Device-Personal".

I tried what you are saying and the only way I can see it is if I try to attach something to an email and navigate to it (figured out how to do that with files on the "Device-Work" side).  It does not bring anything up when you hold it for a while.

How do you delete files from the "Device-Work" side of the phone?  I can't get to those file in the File Manager.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Torch-Q10-Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

i didnt even know there was a work side to the phone. Smiley Happy

its my personel phone but i use it for work as well but dont have a work email set up as its the national health nhs.net and there is so much protection that i couldnt be bothered with it.

only way i think you could get round this problem is sending the email with the attachment to one of your personel emails like yahoo which if you have that set up on your phone and save the attached picture it will automatically be saved in your pictures folder.