Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

How to play wav file attached in email?

I have a q10 blackberry now , active sync emails and I am not able to play wave file attached to the emails. I received my VM on my work email as attached file and I am not able to play like i was able to do it on my BB 9900 Bold.I installed Neutron Player (paied 5 $ for nothing) which somebody suggested me and it is not playing either. Any good suggestions?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: How to play wav file attached in email?

[ Edited ]

Hey,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To better assist you, what is the audio codec of the of the .wav file? And can you please provide the software version of the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone?

On a side note, I did some testing here with .wav voice mail email attachments and was able to play the file, so this may be an issue with the type of .wav file.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi hatchback,

I'm having a similar problem with .wav file playback on my VZW q10. The same .wav files play without issue on my VZW bold 9650. I have not installed any 3rd party software for .wav file playback on either device. The software version reported by my q10 is 10.1.0.2011 (I'm running into the same difficulties upgrading to 10.1.0.2038 as described here). Windows XP Pro reports the "audio format" properties of the .wav files as Microsoft ADPCM. I'd be grateful for any assistance you can offer.

My Device: Bold 9700 and Q10
My Carrier: Telus

I am having the same issue on my Q10.  Software ver 10.1.0.273  OS version 10.1.0.1720.  The .wav files are being sent from our Mitel VoIP system via their Unified Messaging config.  Very frustrating that we have this functionality but cannot use it on the Q10.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Update - after calling in to support, I was told that an as-yet-to-be-released update will address this issue. I believe the updates are carrier specific, so the information I was given would only apply to Verizon phones. Also, we are also using a Mitel VOIP system here, so maybe that is the common thread amongst all of our problems.