Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 2.0
My Carrier: AT&T

How to switch to an other BBID?

Hi,

I would like to switch to an other BBID. 

How can I do that?

I'm using a BlackBerry Q10 device with the latest OS.

Thank you.

Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to switch to an other BBID?

To simply change the username on the BlackBerryID:  How to change or update a BlackBerry ID username on a BlackBerry smartphone

To use a completely different BlackBerryID on the Q10: How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Changing the BlackBerry ID on the BlackBerry PlayBook or BlackBerry 10 smartphone:

In order to change the BlackBerry ID that is associated to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone or a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, a security wipe will need to be performed.

Warning: Performing the security wipe will result in loss of stored data on the smartphone or tablet. Be sure to create a backup and also transfer files to a computer prior to performing the security wipe.

Note: In this scenario, the backup file will not be able to be restored to the device since it will be using a new BlackBerry ID. For more information, see KB31317.

Prior to performing a security wipe of the smartphone or tablet, transfer files to a computer so the files can then be transferred back to the smartphone or tablet after the security wipe is complete and the new BlackBerry ID is configured. See the following links for information:

To perform the security wipe:

• On the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, see KB33591.
  • On the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, see KB27188.

Once the security wipe has been completed, a new BlackBerry ID can be configured on the smartphone or tablet during the initial setup.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code