07-16-2013 01:43 AM
I just got myself a Q10 running 10.1.
My current settings
- I have 2 emails – A (work email) and B (personal Yahoo email)
- Under Settings > Accounts, the email account has been set as follows:
A – Sync Interval: Manual
B – Sync Interval: 30 minutes
- In Blackberry Hub Settings > Hub Management, A is ‘Off’ and B is ‘On’
For issue 1, if a solution is not available, I would suggest that under Hub Management, there’s an option to exclude accounts from being refreshed (as in my case – I don’t want to see work emails after office hours). Or the other option would be to have an app like BBM for email accounts – then I can exclude them from Hub and open it manually.
Appreciate any help.
07-19-2013 03:07 AM
Any Blackberry support team members in this forum? Please help.
1. How to exclude an individual email account from being refreshed in the hub.
2. Although email account is set to manual sync, messages are still appearing in the hub, when the phone is not touched.
07-19-2013 01:58 PM
Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.
The refresh option in the Hub refreshes all accounts, the option to refresh an individual account is currently not available.
Toaddressyoursecondquestion, doyouhavePushturnedoff? Turning Push offshouldallowyoutosynchronizemanually:
1. From the home screen, tap Settings and select Accounts.
2. Select the account you want to modify.
3. Select Advanced and set Push to Off.
4. Set Sync Interval to Manual.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
07-21-2013 11:19 PM
Thanks for the reply.
1. Hope it's in the plan for the upcoming updates.
2. As per my 1st post, I've set the account to Manual sync. And with that, Push is also turned off. But I'm still receiving messages from that email account. Btw, its an Micosoft Exchange ActiveSync account.
07-24-2013 09:46 AM
If Push is turned off and and the Sync interval is set to Manual then no email should be received unless the Hub has been refreshed.
To determine the root cause device logs would need to be reviewed, we would request that you contact your wireless service provider to have this issue escalated to BlackBerry Technical support for further trouble shooting.
Let us know if you have any questions.
07-28-2013 10:49 PM
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, my Push is turned off, Synce is set to Manual and the Hub is not refreshed - still receiving emails.
Instead of sending it to the wireless service provider (which will require me to leave the phone with them for a week or so - I can't afford that), can you guide me to extract the device logs?
I can download the necessary SDK and do the necessary, with your guidance.
Can you please forward the following comments to your product team.
The Q10 has an excellent keyboard - no doubt about it. But teething issues like what I'm facing now is frustrating. And it doesn't help that its the most expensive phone I bought to-date - it's not working like one. And the hugely popularised Hub is not working properly. I understand that BB10 is kind of a version 1 of the product; but still. Thorsten promised a product with the highest quality with no compromise on quality. This can't be it.
07-29-2013 07:04 PM
08-02-2013 03:49 AM
So just to update you on what happened.
First, I called my service provider – I told them that I requested help via this forum and was advised to get the device log reviewed by Blackberry’s technical team on the issue.
They told me that they are not sure about this and they asked me to go to the retail centre.
So, I went there and the service provider’s technician told me that they think push can’t be turned off.
Fortunately, there were some Blackberry personnel there – we checked with them, they didn’t know either.
Then, one of the Blackberry personnel contacted his boss, and the boss said the same – push can’t be turned off.
So I asked what’s the point of having that option in the Accounts settings, if it’s not going to work; they couldn’t answer.
At the end they asked me to remove that account from Hub if I don’t want to receive emails and open my work email through the browser instead.