Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Etisalat
Accepted Solution

IMAP Not work

Hi All,

I just upgraded to 10.2.0424. Ever since the upgrade my imap email accounts no longer work. When I go to settings they all say not connected. When I select one it says An unexpected problem occurred with <DESCRIPTION>-<USERNAME> Some features may not be working correctly

Any ideas?

Please help

Babak

Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: airtel

Re: IMAP Not work

Hi

I did update today morning to the new update and didnt find this problem. it is important to ask your mail provider on the IMAP configuration.

try in the user name your mail address.

also check the port settings:

For example on my server it is as under:

Port 143 ( default was 993)

SMTP port 587 ( default was 465)

Please double check with your mail partners as to what these ports are and if it is different from the one you see on your screen, please change it and then re-type you password and it should work.

New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I tried all the notes you mentioned I even restored the phone to factory settings and reentered the email details but no go. Ports are all correct. I have also informed the hosting company of this and they will revert back. The issue is that this worked for the last several years through a number of phones, 8800, bold 9970 and the q10 until the update. I do think there is an issue with the hosting as it is only with the accounts I have with them. Will keep posting when they revert back.

Babak

New Contributor

Ok, So after doing almost everything I could think of, such as restore defaults (went back to 10.2.0424), delete all accounts and do it all over again, downgrade with an autoloader and reinput all emails, contact my isp which said they say no attempt of connection to my imap from my phone, I finally took the week old phone in and got a new one.

New one works fine, will not upgrade although I liked the changes.

Will wait a little longer for next update.

Babak