Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: D1-Telekom

Impact of the Blackberry Q10 Operator Branding

[ Edited ]

Dear Blackberry Tech/Sales Representatives and experienced users,

I am about to buy a BB Q10, all sales offices I contacted offer a branded and unbranded version which is significantly more expensive.

As BB appears to have engineering time to spend on unneccesary hassles such as branding, I am quite curious about the actual phone. Nevertheless, I would like to know what the branding means on the BB Q10.

What I know is:

- Powerup animation (Only appears at powerup, I dont intend to switch the phone on and off the whole day)

- A custom design, which I can easily switch back to the default one.

What I would like to know is:

- Does the branding have effect on the firmware update cycle (such as Nokia, which is still tied to Symbian Belle,  first version on Vodafone devices) Does the branded version receive the same update plus a branding junkfile, or does the operator have to confirm the release, possibly yielding to a BB which is seperated from the firmware update stream?

- Does it include enforced third-party software (Operator specific application)? If yes, is it possible to _completely_ remove it?

Please: Answers only from the parties mentioned above and only concerning my question.

Thank you!

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: D1-Telekom

Re: Impact of the Blackberry Q10 Operator Branding

[ Edited ]

Dear Blackberry Representatives,

please allow me to summarize this thread:

Motivation:

- I asked a question because I was concerned about a consumer hassle BB built into a business phone.

What I tried to do to:

- Ask a search engine -> no useful answer

- Try to find a blackberry presales phone hotline in Europe -> there is none, the website leads me to this forum

- I posted a question on this forum, no reply in more than hour

- I included a probe word ("{REMOVED}") in the post to make a mod pay attention, so there are actually mods looking at the posts, but unfortunately no tech guy appears to be present on short notice.

My conclusion:

- Poor support -> no purchase.

Mod Edit: Edited content to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.