Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Blackberry by Smartcom Lifestyle store

Issue with managing Contact on SIM Card or Local memory

Dear Experts,

Please help me with Contact app on BB Q10,

Currently, when adding a Contact, Contact default saves in memory, not save in SIM Card,
I want to add a contact directly to SIM Card OR which option must I pick to switch between saving on SIM or Memory?

And another,

How to know current contact list that using is SIM Card or Memory? Can I select contact list to use, Or on memory or on SIM Card?,
I want to save contact to SIM for using flexible,
Does option "Copy Contacts from Device to SIM Card" lose existing contacts on SIM?

And final one,

Can I send a message from Call Logs, I want that when I open Call Log (Phone app), I will see all calls there (missed, received, dial) and I pick a Contact and then send message to that contact, This is a practical demand.

Hope, day by day 0S10.1 will be better, I put Q10 in my heart Smiley Happy

Thank you very much for your help,

Regards,
Don Vo

Contributor

Re: Issue with managing Contact on SIM Card or Local memory

I'm not sure if this is the same problem I am facing.... But I had trouble after adding contacts to phone I found no option to add to sim.... What I found was if the contact didn't have a mobile number listed the option to add to sim was not there, once I added a fake mobile number the option appeared. I just delete the fake when I'm done and all works fine.
Contributor
My Carrier: Blackberry by Smartcom Lifestyle store

Dear Ladyjay67,
Normally, to add a contact to SIM, firstly, add it to Local memory, after that open contact app, search that contact and tap it, tap menu (...) and tap add to SIM.

As you see, many steps we must do.

I also test overview your issue (non-mobile number ) and seem to be.

May be we must go into setting in contact and select Copy contact from device to SIM but I not sure this will lose existing contacts.

Thanks,

Regards,
Don
Contributor

I know how to add to SIM card.... Yes, I did add to local first and only discovered there was a problem when I added someone to my phone that did not have a mobile number. I could not figure out why the add to sim option wasn't there. The only thing I could see that was different from any other add was no mobile number. So I added one one tada.... Add to sim was now an option.