Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: TELUS Mobility

Issues with data??

[ Edited ]

Hi,

So I'm new here and I have a silly question. How can I save on data usage? I got my Blackberry Q10 last month and before that I had the Blackberry 970. I never had any data issue with my old blackberry, in fact I hardly used all of my data. However, with the Q10 it seems I am over my limit. Please keep in mind that I haven't changed the way I use my phone. I hardly ever watch videos on my phone and the only time I use the internet is when I need Google for something. I find it very odd that in just one month I used up more than 1GB of data... I am always signed in to Facebook and Twitter however I close it once I'm done checking my things. I never had a problem with keeping Facebook and Twitter signed in with my old phone, but would it affect the Q10?? This is very frustrating because I don't use my phone that often yet my data is already all used up.

Do you have any tips on saving data? Has anyone had problems with the data usage on their new phone? Also, if I put my phone to 3G instead of LTE, would that help??

Thanks for the help!

HelloMoto
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like anime.
"Sorry I’m late. I got lost on the road of life."
Hatake Kakashi (Naruto)
Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Issues with data??

Some thoughts...

• use wifi whenever possible, especially software downloads
  • the 9700 uses the BIS that offered data compression.  That compression is 3 to 6 times!
  • does your carrier show usage data?  Is it shown by the hour?  Look at when the data consumption is occurring.  When you are using it or when you are not using it (sleeping).
  • look closely at your apps... some use data when you do not want it to.
  • look for large attachments, especially from email. This can add up.