Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: movistar, spain
Accepted Solution

Keyboard locked after software update

I bought my new Q10 yesterday and used Link to switch the data etc. from my old Curve. Everything went well until the Q10 installed a big software update yesterday evening. After completing the installation the device asked to be re-started and since then I am unable to start it again. When I turn it on the display for the SIM card PIN is displayed but neither the physical keyboard nor the touchscreen keyboard work. HELP!

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Torch-Q10-Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Keyboard locked after software update

welcome

not a good start Smiley Sad

was the update done via wifi on your home network or downloaded via phone data.

theres been quite a lot of reports lately with failed updates causing problems and most of these were using the phone data which struggles as its a large download.

best wait for one of the experts who will have a better idea than me or other option if you bought from a shop take it back and see if they can sort it or replace it.

New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply. I did the update via a very good wifi connection and am no repeating the software update via Link.
New Contributor

In the end I could solve the problem myself after re-installing the software update to 10.2.0.424 via Link. (The installation process took about an hour.)

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Torch-Q10-Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

glad you got it sorted Smiley Very Happy

now if only we could sort out all the other posted pproblems Smiley Sad

My Carrier: Globe

Hi! How did you unlock the keyboard? And how did you do it via link when it would not recognize the device when it is locked?

I am experiencing the same problem.  Help please. Thanks so much! Smiley Very Happy