Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Vip

Lock application ?

Hello dear bb friends. I have noticed that on Q10 there are no application which you can install that allow you to password lock other applications(like facebook or twitter or any other app you have installed). There is program called iLock and iLockPro but they now allow you to ONLY lock files, like docs, fotos, music, and folders containing them. Its not possible with iLock on q10 to lock twitter or FB or any other app. On every previous model this action was AVAILABLE. Just not on q10. Its completely ridiculous. Anyone knows any app that can lock other apps on q10? Will iLock programers add this feature again? Any info is gladly accepted, thanks!!!!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Lock application ?

I don't know of any. Most people just lock their device with a password. Problem solved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Maybe for you. For us others, no. If we want to give someone else to use phone, or not have phone lock password all the time ON, problem indeed is not solved. I want to be able to use phone where I can lock Facebook icon for example. Its totaly ridiculous they still didnt implement this feature. I want to have my phone unlocked and available to all at home who want to use it, but I want my privacy for icons I choose. Instead of locking full phone, they should implement option or make application which can be used for locking of whatever you choose on the phone. They had this on iLock on all platforms , except q10. Totally stupid. Lets hope they fix it
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Lets hope

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10(STL100-1) Z30(STA100-2)
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Why would you borrow your handphone to someone you dont trust?
sent from my IMBA BlackBerry Smartphone
Contributor

"Why would you give your phone to someone you don't trust"? What a stupid question!!! I want to have option to lock my private info, fb or twitter account wheather I trust someone or not. If you have sad, common unexciting life, following predetermened pattern of life, robotlike where you accept things you are served as they are, its your problem. I want my options, privacy, the way it was available to us in all previous OSs. This lack of locking ability and lack of hiding ability on q10 is ridiculous
Guru II

Put a password on your device.

Contributor

Its lock APPLICATION issue, not phone issue.
Guru II

It's the same issue. Lock your phone and applications are locked.

This is pointless to continue this thread. The feature you want is obviously unavailable. I tend to agree that you shouldn't loan your phone to someone to make a call if you're worried about them looking in your Facebook, etc. Since many of those apps you want to lock are also integrated in the hub you'd have to lock the hub. That's what the device password requirement is for.

Unless a 3rd party apl offers it it's not available right now. You'll have to find another workaround.