Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Most expensive in Canada

MAC Address and WiFi Fixed with 10.1.0.4181

[ Edited ]

I just updated the device to 10.1.0.4181

Thanks RIM for fixing a weird bug.

On previous version About/Hardware was displaying a MAC Address starting by 96 (wrong)

The WiFi/Diagnostic was only displaying device information with a live connection

So trying to connect on a WiFi with MAC filter on was impossible.

Now ABOUT/Hardware no longer displays the MAC Address but is is possible to get the correct MAC address from the WiFi Disgnostic/Device Information even without a live WiFi Connection.

Yeah!!!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: MAC Address and WiFi Fixed with 10.1.0.4181

Hi 10_de_engineered,

You can obtain the MAC address of the device, without it being connected, by going into Settings>Network Connections>Wi-Fi>Advanced. Change the Diagnostic Information drop down box to Device Information.  The MAC address appears under Physical Address.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Most expensive in Canada

Re: MAC Address and WiFi Fixed with 10.1.0.4181

Hi there,

We're saying the same thing... But I like your story better since others will be able to retreive the Mac adress if they didn't know what we were talking about.

Because the hardware tab was grayed out, maybe I assumed it was not accessible. But I'm pretty sure I tried it and with the initial firmware, it was not accessible unless I had a Live WiFi Connection.

The wrong MAC address in the About/Hardware info was quite nasty. It made me search and investigate for a while before I figured out it was another Rim prank.