Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: proximus

MMS doesn't work

hello,

apparently I can not receive nor send MMS messages, the phone enters MMS mode but doesn't send the messages. it says  'general problems' marked in red. 

The provider has a manual of a Z10 on the site and explains very well how to set up your MMS. But on a certain step you have to put in  URL of MMSC and URL of proxy... this doesn't exist on my Q10!   it stops at the step where you have to setup APN information.  The store where I bought the phone checked the setup I did and everything was correct, only it doesn't work...  they say it's possible that the phone is not adapted yet for our provider in Belgium...??? so I checked directly with provider and the info and setup they have had been resetted, but without success for the moment!  can you help me out please, it's not such a big problem for the moment, but still... it should work easier than that. the blackberries I had before didn't have such problems at all...

thanks for your time!

Damien

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: MMS doesn't work

Hi flashberry,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.
Did you purchase your BlackBerry Q10 smartphone from your current mobile network provider, and if not, does your provider offer and fully support the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone?
Your APN settings and the ability to modify them are controlled by the mobile network provider as these settings are specific to each wireless network. I recommend contacting them again for further investigation into this.

Let me know how you make out with that.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

hey FrankieS,

thanks for the answer, so i did call the provider and they could garantee me that proximus fully supported Blackberry q10 services.

so i checked all the parameters again, step by step, option by option (the store did the setup!! and re-checked the setup when i went back!!!), so after 30minutes of intense headaches i found the option  'downloading pics automatically' on 'off', when all the other options in the same menu stood 'on', so i simply set it to 'on' and automatically all the test MMSes i sent earlier all came in :-) BIG SMILE! one happy flashberry!

vod
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Orange

Where did you find that option? Thanks

New Contributor

hi,

sorry to answer a little late, maybe you found it allready...

but here's where i found it: you go in sms, where you have you text messages, there you go to right corner with 3dots, there you go to parameters/settings dont know exactly in your language..  so now you should be in blackberryhub settings, you have different options there with at bottom 'emailaccounts' 'cell broadcast'...   there you tick the upper icon 'display and actions'  in dutch... :-) (symbol with 'Aa with a keyboard')  and there all the options with a switch must be all on...

hope you have enough with that...??  if not tell me :-) i'll try harder

vod
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Orange

Thanks,for your suggestion but, but still doesn't work. I don't know why!

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

Please check:

BlackBerry Hub - BlackBerry Hub Settings - Display and Actions - Download Images Automatically = on

Call network service provider and make sure MMS are enabled/allowed;

It should work, unless you are receiving an iOS vcf Smiley Wink

New Contributor

Hi again, 

After this step you have to go to MMS options to put in data frm provider like URL and proxy settings...

Then it should work indeed.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10 SQN-3
My Carrier: Telia Sonera SE

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I'm on a Swedish carrier, Telia Sonera SE and with their SIM-cards it's only possible to view/edit the APN-setting for MMS, nothing more and it doesn't work regardless of firmware. Fault reported is "general error".

Started out with f/w 10.1.0.1483 and then updated to 1720 and now on 2342 - allviaOTA.

I've been in contact both both my supplier and carrier and it seems that the proper way to solve this is that BlackBerry and Telia SE needs to talk to each other.

With Pay and go cards from other carriers like Tele2/Comviq it works great - and it's possible to view and edit the MMSC-parameters as well.

As a note, I had the same problem with the Z10 which I returned for other reasons.

/Per

New Contributor
My Device: Q10 SQN-3
My Carrier: Telia Sonera SE

To continue my story I believe that the parameters for MMS are missing in the os for my Swedish carrier but should be like this if they were possible to edit and change;

<apn carrier="Telia SE MMS"

mcc="240"

mnc="01"

apn="mms.telia.se"

mmsc="http://mmss/"

mmsproxy="193.209.134.132"

mmsport="80"

type="mms"

/>

Regards, 

Per