Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
Accepted Solution

Map data unavailable for this country

What is this? When you are purchasing a Q10 device they will gladly brag about included apps: Maps, Calendar, etc. Some apps does not work. So, you get a device with half functionality of a iOS or Android device at the same price. I only wish that when BlackBerry will cash the money I've spent on my Q10 they will receive the same message from the bank: Amount $ value unavailable for this country.

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Map data unavailable for this country

Can you be more specific? My Q10 has apps and they are pretty cool! Check out the Eurosport app!

Contributor

More specific: Maps does not work in my country. Calendar has no Mac synchronisation and OTA sync with Gmail Cal does not work (it does not even work with BlackBerry Q10 own calendar). Email app deletes emails.

Thanks. What country are you in?

Contributor

România: it has mountains, plains, I don't know, the usual stuff, nothing that a Map app can't handle. My old BlackBerry 9900 was aware of this country Smiley Wink

I feel for you brother.  I hope it gets fixed.  I tried my map app and it works.  It also pulls up Romania too!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Update: problem solved!

I've asked for support from BB and they said "map data unavailable for your country, sorry, we will update our documentation accordingly."

Nice answer. Smiley Sad

I have updated my OS 10 sw with a leaked OS (4687) and map application works!!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Orange Slovakia

andy, who did you speak to? where did you contact them?

thanks

Highlighted
Contributor

BlackBerry support: +1 877 552 5532. They will issue a ticket and you will receive an answer within few days via e-mail. Be prepared for the rutine: 5 mins for asking personal data, 5 mins for convincing you to re-direct your complain to your mobile provider, 3 mins for proposing the re-boot/restore procedure and 5 mins of waiting (on music) while they pretend asking someone in charge Smiley Wink kind but not helpful at all.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I am in Ghana facing the same problem for my Q10, its never solved, can you really solve this issue...