Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Mobile banking app

I've just upgraded to the Q10 and my bank says their mobile banking app is not available.  I assume this is because it is a recent model.  Is it up to BlackBerry or my bank to get their act together?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Mobile banking app

Hi lizholder and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

The bank is responsible for providing an application for the BlackBerry Z10 or Q10.  Although BlackBerry does make a number of applications, the vast majority of apps are developed by 3rd party vendors.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

It may take awhile because I just got my bank app last month!

Thank you.  The Co-operative Bank is swearing blind that their mobile banking app works on the Q10 but I know it's not.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

The best way to know if it works on your phone is to search BlackBerry World from your phone. If it appears, it's compatible. If it doesn't, it's not. Note that you must search from your phone.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Ah, thank you Bill.  It doesn't appear in BlackBerry World when accessing it via my phone so that answers my question.  I guess Co-Operative Bank hasn't quite caught up with the Q10 yet.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9370
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm semi-patiently waiting for Chase Bank to get their app out for BB10 and the Q10. 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Hang in there, rambo47! Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9370
My Carrier: Verizon

I emailed Chase's customer support and asked them point blank about their mobile banking app for BB10. They answered in about 6 hours and told me that not only are they NOT going to release a mobile banking app for BB10, but they no longer offer the app for ANY BlackBerry. They're out of the BlackBerry mobile app business although they continue to support iOS and Android. They suggested I simply use the website portal, which sounded to me like they are suggesting I move my banking services to another bank alltogether. Man Frustrated

New Contributor
My Device: torch
My Carrier: ATT

Rambo
I use the website portal and honestly it is not a huge deal. On April 21 Chase did away with the AP for BB and it was on their site a month prior. I wasn't happy about it either !!!