Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: EE

Mobile hotspot in Q10 doesn't work after update 10.2

Since I updated to BB OS 10.2 I'm no longer able to use my phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot. When I try to turn it on it shows the message "Regulations in this country prohibit Mobile Hotspot usage." Furthermore this function was working in versions 10.0 and 10.1. How can I do to fix it?

Phone: BB Q10
Software Release: 10.2.0.424
Carrier: EE

Regards,
JuanSHOOT
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Mobile hotspot in Q10 doesn't work after update 10.2

From where did you download the latest update?  Was it from your carrier or did you load it from another carrier? 

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

I downloaded it from my device (I think that this option is from the carrier) from the software update menu in settings.

Another thing is my battery is draining out, when I bought this BlackBerry I was surprised about battery duration, but since yesterday, it just lasts 10 hours without too much use.

I'm very annoying with this update. Some things are nice, like the messages preview, and can answer in the same preview, but the performance is getting low!

Jc
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q110
My Carrier: Airtel Seychelles

[ Edited ]

Same here, with Airtel Seychelles. Prior to 10.2 mobile hotspot was fine infact everything was ok, good batter life. Now it seems aside from the new UI stuff which is cool mobile hotspot doesnt work...not to mention I am getting spotty internet connection when browsing, before it was flawless..This was done over a Wifi connection as it said that the file was too big to do via the phone network.

New Contributor

additionally you can no longer decide what type of hotspot connection you want your phone to be,  or the security level.none-wpa2..

New Contributor
My Device: BB SQN100-1
My Carrier: Sasktel

I have the same issue.  Would appreciate any help that could be offered.

New Contributor
My Device: BB SQN100-1
My Carrier: Sasktel

I found another post suggesting a reboot using the up and down volume keys on the side of the phone.  Press both at once and hold until the screen goes black.  (ignore the screen shot message).  Once my phone rebooted I was able to set up the hotspot.  Not sure if it will work for everyone but did for me.

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

I shouldnt have to reboot my phone every time i want to use Hotspot though...  other users in my team (30 Q10 users) dont have the same issue. Wondering if there is a setting i overlooked or something.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

First rule of IT club, shutdown n restart.does nothing in this instance. Hell I've reloaded using the blackberry link desktop software twice already as first update was OTA just on the off hand I did something wrong.

Contributor

Additionally, all contacts are doubled or tripled in the contacts and up to date I could not solve it. Do not want to do a factory reset, but I think I'll have to do.

Someone in this forum who can help us, an administrator or moredador?