Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Music app keeps appearing

The Q10 SQN 100 - 1 with 10.1.0.2030 had been doing fine but lately, the Music App has started appearing and needs to be closed.  There has never been any music on the Q10.

What might be going on?  And what is a suggested remedy?

Thanks!

. . . . .  Pete

Regular Contributor
My Device: dev alpha c
My Carrier: rim

Re: Music app keeps appearing

Now. 10.2 is coming up. You can use a Vodafone sim card and check update
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have googled for a possible solution to the Music app continuing to appear on the screen.

Nothing seems to be mentioned anywhere as to how to stop this annoyance.

It reportedly is not possible to uninstall preloaded apps.

Any ideas here how to stop this annoyance?

Thanks!

. . . . . Pete

Super Contributor

With respect to the Music continuing to launch, I am bewildered that (i) no one else is encountering this annoyance; and (ii) no one can suggest a possible solution.

. . . . . Pete
Super Contributor

petercreasey wrote: 
With respect to the Music continuing to launch, I am bewildered that (i) no one else is encountering this annoyance; and (ii) no one can suggest a possible solution.

Still surprised that no one has any feedback/remedy on the problem of the Music App continuing to launch on its own.

. . . .  Pete

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

The earlier OS levels had many problems, that have been resolved with later levels. I too have experienced odd things over time with the music app and other things, but the most recent upcoming OS level seems to have resolved just about everything. Based on what you have described, I would deduce that you are experiencing issues with an older OS...with updating to a newer version the suggested remedy.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

sdgardne wrote: I would deduce that you are experiencing issues with an older OS...with updating to a newer version the suggested remedy.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
S,  Yes, we're hoping that an upgrade from our current older version to whatever newer version AT&T decides to provide will make the annoying problem go away.
It is good to learn that we're not the only ones encountering problems with apps such as the music app.
. . . . .  Pete

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Do also be aware that, as with legacy BBOS, BB10 devices can use OS packages from other carriers and are not technically restricted to that which the users carrier has released. The method is quite different from legacy, but the result is essentially the same. Refer:

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Super Contributor

S, that approach is NOT of any interest to me.

I prefer to use my carrier's upgrade so that there (hopefully?) won't be any need for a restore of lost data/passwords/accounts/etc./etc.

. . . . Pete
Hall of Famer III

Hmmm...interesting...for I do not see any correlation between what you describe. There has always been the ability to restore everything, even when using a different carriers OS package. There is zero correlation between which carriers OS package is used and restoration of things. What you express concern over is 100% correlated to taking a proper backup before and conducting a proper restore after any OS update process...it has nothing whatsoever to do with the specific OS package used.