Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-mobile

My Blackberry handheld does not register to RIM servers

Hi,

I have got a weird problem with my blackberry. I bought my blackberry from US T-mobile, and then asked them for an unlock since I will out of the states for 2 months and they did. I got my phone unlocked, and then travelled to UAE and got the BBM service with Etisalat (Service provider).

The problem is that my blackberry does not register itself into RIM servers, so as a result, the BBM won't work on the data plan that I am paying for. Whenever I turn the wifi on, I get the 4 dots on the top right corner along with the signal bars, and I start getting all the messages from BBM, but whenever I turn the wifi back off, those 4 dots would go away, and the BBM won't work anymore. Furthermore, the browser won't open any website unless I am connected to the Wifi. 

I have contacted the service provider (Etisalat) regarding that, and what they asked me to do is to re-register blackberry using Setting -> about -> network -> click on the 3 dots -> register blackberry. I did this couple of times, and then pulled the battery out and put it back on, but still won't get the BBM work, and I never got a message from RIM sayinfg that (You handheld has been registered successfully). The data service is ON, and the Network mode is (4G & 3G & 2G).

Whenever I contact Etisalat, they tell me that your blackberry service is 100% working from our side, but the problem might be that your handheld cannot see the connection.

One funny thing that happened yesterday is that my Wifi was on, and my router was not working at that time, and whenever I try to connect to wifi using my S3, it wont and it wont open any websites at all (there was a problem with the internet from the service provider and contacted them to get fixed). However, the wifi was on my blackberry, and the BBM was working by that time as if the Wifi was 100% working ( but the wifi was not). That's really weird. I tried to hard reset to factory setting, but still did not work!

I am not sure if there is a way to contact RIM so that they can register my handheld, or let me know if there is any possible solutions. It is the fifth day on my data plan, and the service will still not work on my Blackberry Q10.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: My Blackberry handheld does not register to RIM servers

Maybe your APN settings are wrong. To check this, go to

Settings > Network Connections > Mobile Network

Then tap the "Gear" icon. On there you should have an APN. According to Google, this should be etisalat.ae
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-mobile

Re: My Blackberry handheld does not register to RIM servers

i did that and it is still not working