Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: 1

My phone is screen is off but screen reader is on

So my blackberry q10 screen reader is on but the screen itself is off! I can see light coming from the keyboard and the screen reader is on i don't know what have i've done so its enables screen reader and disable the screen itself please help me i don't want to format it i have so many important things and bbm contacts i don't want to lose since i cant remember my bmm email password and i cant remember the security question answer plus its saved in the phone itself not in a memory card. Please help me fix my phone ASAP. Thank you.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My phone is screen is off but screen reader is on

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry, but with so little punctuation there, I cannot quite understand what you are saying...I think it's something about odd behavior of your device. As such, anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness shows up, the first thing to try is a proper reboot:

• Pre-BB10 Devices ONLY. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • BB10 Devices. Hold the top button down until the counter reaches zero. Wait for the device to be fully shut down (e.g., nothing at all displayed on the screen, no LED lights, etc.). Hold the top button until the red LED is lit. Wait through the full boot-up process. If this fails, you can attempt the battery-pull method above, but it is normally NOT recommended unless nothing else works.

See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Carrier: 1

Dear sdgardne,
Im sorry i wasn't clear at first, the thing is i tried these two methods before and both never helped. My mobile phone screen is off i don't know what is the reason, but i can hear the screen reader on. When i turn on my device i can hear the screen reader saying: "lock screen, 4:50 am Sunday the 20 of july 2014" whenever i press the top button which means it basically reading the screen instead of showing it. I don't know how that happened i don't remember messing with accessibility options on the setting menu. I don't know how to turn it off and turn on the screen back on and i don't know if the problem I'm facing is with the accessibility or not.

Thank you so much for your time and effort and I'm sorry again for not being clear at first.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Oh. OK...that indeed is a bit more understandable, thank you.

In my device Settings, I do find Screen Reader and something called "Dark Screen Mode"...but given what you describe, I am reluctant to try it. But, I do find this KB:

• Article ID: KB35797 BlackBerry 10 smartphone touch screen is unresponsive and a digital voice is heard coming from the smartphone speaker

Perhaps that will help you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Carrier: Sprint

I am having the same problem but my screen reader is not activated. Backlight and phone are on but screen isn't!