Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

NOTES field missing

The NOTES field in my contacts is missing.  Only the Facebook profile information is showing.  How do I get the NOTES back?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: NOTES field missing

Open the contact. Click on Edit. At the bottom click on Add Field. Add Notes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks, but I tried this solution already and the field returned, however my Notes are gone. Thanks for answering my message.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

So, you had notes entered in the Notes section of some of your contacts that has gone missing?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: t-Mobile

Likely the contact entry associated with the missing notes has become "unlinked" from the contact entry you're looking at. It's confusing and BlackBErry hasn't provided much transparency about how the linking of contacts works, but I'll lay odds that information is in another contact entry. Sometimes two totally unrelated contact entries get "linked" and your information becomes virtually impossible to find (if BlackBerry would deign to allow us full-text searches of all contact fields, that would help; but in their wisdom they seem to have decided that their database should contain unsearchable information .....).