Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: SPRINT

New emails show up on my Q10 as "READ" ????????

[ Edited ]

Does anyone have a clue as to why emails from one of my accounts would show up as read (un-highlighted)?? when I get emails from my main email account they will either show up as read or they will show up as unread, but will change to read status in anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or so WITHOUT actually reading them.....  I've seen a few similar threads like this but no on ehas provided an actual solution to the problem.

Viewing the emails through Outlook on my computer (from my website server) has no effect on how they are viewed on the Q10, meaning historically reading my emails on the phone would not change read status in outlook and vice-versa, reading them in outlook would not change status on my phone.  Reading any AOL or Gmail accounts WOULD show up as READ after I read either...... 

Someone had suggested deleting the email account through Outlook and creating a new one but that had no effect..... It must have something to do with Outlook in that I think if I keep outlook closed on my computer the emails will remain "unread" on my computer...

My Q10 is still on 10.1.  My computer with outlook is set up as POP as it has been with both my Bold and Curve before it.  I've never had any problems like thsi before.  I'm not sure hwo my Q10 is configured but I suspect IMAP.

Has anyone experienced this before?  A solution would be GREATLY appreciated in that not being able to identify NEW emails is somewhat pointless.....

Thanks in advance....

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: New emails show up on my Q10 as "READ" ????????

Yes, your Q10 is likely using IMAP. You can't really control that as it sets up according to the account being setup. The Q10 will mirror the server whereas the old BB devices did not. It's the way of the future of BB.

Also, you have your phone number in the "My Carrier" field. You don't want that posted for everyone on the Internet to see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the catch.

Ok, I'm NOT opening these emails so what is being mirrored exactly??????  How to I get an unread email to actually show up as UNREAD??????

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If outlook marks them read they will show read on the BlackBerry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Outlook is NOT marking them read nor am I reading them.  This is only happening on the phone............

Guru II

Close Outlook and ANY other email clients and see what happens.

Contributor

I'm pretty sure when outlook is closed on my PC, the emails show up and remain as they should on my phone.....

Guru II

Exactly. Outlook is marking them read. Read on outlook. Read on device.

Contributor

Exactly what?  They are NOT being read or opened on Outlook.  So where is the configuration issue?

Guru II

It's pretty obvious it's Outlook if you close it and the problem stops. You have something in the Outlook account setup marking the mail on the server read. Check your outlook account setup.