Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

No call management access for app development.

I am writing this on the forum because I can't find a place on the Black Berry site to collect customer reviews. I guess that tells you a lot if you think about it.
I have been a user of Black Berry for at least 20 years. About 4 years ago I went to Android because of the masses of useful apps. Recently I bought a new BlackBerry and had a number assigned to it to see if RIM had gotten their act together with the new Q10 and OS.
Well, love the physical attributes of the phone, but guess what? There are fewer apps now than 4 years ago. I guess RIM has not gotten the message. Looks like I will be selling a Q10 cheap also.

I specifically need a call, sms, and email blocker app, BB is not providing API access to developers for this type of thing. Android and I phone have dozens of these types of apps.

Thing is there was an APP called BlackBook that was provided by BB 10 years ago. It makes life a lot easier and is a huge time saver allowing me to file calls, sms, emails from specific people until I have time to deal with them.

Reminds me of Ford and GM when they refused to build small cars, even though the customers were telling them that was what they wanted.
Arrogance will be the downfall of BB. What a shame.