Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Torch-Q10-Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

OS update to 10.2.1.2102 Im not updating. anyone else?

just received my software update notification here in the UK to 10.2.1.2102 which is 289mb in size.

after reading all the errors and failures since recent updates by members on various forums i dont think im going to risk it unless it has some important updates.

at the moment im on 10.2.0.429 which has been working fine so far.

i use my phone for emergencys in a major london hospital and i dont think i can take the risk.

anyone else feeling the same that hasnt already upgraded.

Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Unlocked

Re: OS update to 10.2.1.2102 Im not updating. anyone else?

I have an unlocked phone. I am trying to update it. It is currently runing on Black Berry OS 10.2.0.424. When I chose to update it, it says that the device is runing on the latest version. Its very very frustrating for me. How can it be the most latest version when 10.2.1 has already been released.

I bought it 10 days ago. I need this update to install android apps.

Contributor
My Device: Priv

I have updated it and it has deleted my calender and my contact data - a long term (10 year) user and if they can;t get simple **bleep** like an update right they need to just admit they are a useless bunch of 20th Century pager makers and be done with it.  

Contributor

How did you update it? Can you guide me? I have an unlocked phone and it says that it has the most updated version installed although it's 10.2.0. I have searched ten times now. Do not want to install the cracked version
Forums Advisor I

[ Edited ]

^exactly my point Mike. sorry to hear youve had problems.

it depends on provider. not everyone releases each update. im with vodafone uk and got a notification to upgrade.

the release was from vodafone so contact whoever you are with.

Contributor
My Device: Priv

Am with Vodafone and it still removed my work account.  You would think they may try QA before shipping ropey code.

Forums Advisor I

looking on the vodafone forum theres been uproar because of the delay and now its released loads are downloading it.

get ready for fireworks.

Contributor

Should I try to put in a voda phone sim and update? Or I need a contract for that?
Forums Advisor I

yup contract. when i got my phone in november the Q10 wasnt available on pay as you go and i have no idea about unlocked phones.

do you pay a bill and if so who too. you need to ask them about the update.

Highlighted
My Device: Z30

I never store contacts and calendar in a phone, it is crazy, always store in the "cloud".  I don't use it for this, but for example simple hotmail account for contacts and calendar is where they should be stored, then they just sync to whatever device.  I personally use an MS Exchange Account.  No matter what phone I would own I would always do this.

I have updated to this version and had no problems, all my contacts and calendars are fine.  I have a UK Z30 SIM free.